Is it possible to make a command chair like part that can release a glider parachute, the same one kerbals have in their suits? This chair could be a base for a small paraglider type build with Junos...

This has been done in stock already:

But I do see the allure in a command seat only mod for the chute....

The way that he made his chair work was by deploying while in air and hopping into the chair. You cant deploy the chute while sitting.

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

This has been done in stock already:

But I do see the allure in a command seat only mod for the chute....

Looks nice but it does make me wonder: Are you flying 'on the chute'? Or are you flying 'on the reaction wheel'?

A craft like that will certainly fly with only the clipped aero parts, and steer with only the reaction wheel, parafoil or no.  I haven't tried to reproduce it to see if the parafoil is also providing lift and control.

12 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

Looks nice but it does make me wonder: Are you flying 'on the chute'? Or are you flying 'on the reaction wheel'?

Good question.  Not my video, so I dunno.  I chalk this into the same category of stock bearings.  Really cool, but kinda impractical. 

But the flip in the opening scene is worth watching. 

Well, I decided to take a look in the squad part files, it turns out that there is a way to get this to work! Currently there is a module for the kerbal parachutes, called ModuleEvaChute. My guess is that if you make a part using said module, you would achieve the same effect as the kerbal parachute! I'd do it myself, but I'm not proficient enough at modding yet.