early tech tree completion challenge

hi all,

Here is the challenge I propose :

Start a new stock career mode (medium difficulty or higher) and complete the technology tree the fastest possible.
Your score is the game-time when tech tree is completed. I talk about game-time and not about the real time you spent in the game.
This may limit the use of time warp and favor multiple concomitant flights.

most of mods are vailable, except those modifying physics and science gain

What do you think ?

Edited by Chumpes

IIRC enough science can be acquired from Mun and Minmus to unlock the tech tree, so there's no need to go interplanetary. So the question is then whether it's advantageous to do a brachistochrone to Minmus or just an ordinary mission with a slightly higher dV expenditure.

Considering that much biome hopping is necessary (meaning a heavier craft), and a full brachistochrone is probably only practical after the launchpad is upgraded a couple of times, the expense of going faster would be substantial.

EDIT: Upon reconsideration this challenge sounds somewhat tedious, given the Abyssal Lurker video. I won't attempt it.

Edited by Lirtosiast

Hi

Thanks Lirtosiast for your answer... and sorry if i am being rude, but what did you want to say ?

As you probably know, 1 flight is not enough for completing the tech tree. The fact that tech tree can be completed after flights in Kerbin SOI does not come in conflict with the challenge i propose.

Building an enormous craft may be not economically viable in career mode... but it may be interesting after upgrade of buildings and money savings...

18 hours ago, Lirtosiast said:

the expense of going faster would be substantial.

Yes !! I see the principle of the challenge is being entirely understood : completion of the tech tree as fast as possible (and not in least possible number of fligths!)

What would be YOUR strategy in achieving this challenge ? what score do you effectively reach by implementing one or the other strategy that you mentionned ? I prefer playing ksp instead of watching ksp videos... and i have no idea of what the abyssal lurker video is...

i m going to complete the challenge if i can and post some pic and initial score

I like it. Simple rules and interesting challenges to solve. I'm in.

Plus, anything to get me interested in 1.4 and M.H. as 1.4 and M.H. sure didn't do it.

I'll be using mods and M.H. parts. I'm cool if that disqualifies me or something as I do challenges for my own enjoyment, but if it doesn't disqualify me, so much the better :)

This looks fun :D. Limiting the science gain % via stock settings (not mods) would also help make it even harder, since that would take out the mun/minimus easy farm, or at least slow progression needed to get to said farm.

Edited by nascarlaser1
I speak klingon apparently XD.

Actually, for me the limit on Hard difficulty is not the science gain, but the **obscene** cost of the last tier of building upgrade to allow that science to be turned into tech.

Getting 4mil++ from just contracts is *hard*, time consuming work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.