Cutting throttle also kills timewarp

Hello. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if I can fix it.

Whenever I hit X, it kills timewarp. This is not the timewarp kill button (which is /)

I even tried changing the cut throttle button to another key to see if somehow a mod had been cutting the timewarp. Nope. It still kills timewarp whenever I hit the new button. So either I have a mod which is somehow always cutting timewarp whenever I cut throttle (it even cuts the timewarp down to 1x in the KSC screen if I'm not even flying a vessel). Or the game is cutting timewarp by default whenever the key is hit. I would imagine it's a mod because I don't remember this happening before, but I can't figure out which one. Here's the list:

https://imgur.com/a/MByVX

Not a mod. This has been in the vanilla game for several years.

But since you can not throttle up during time-warp, and you can not time-warp throttled up; who cares? It might be somewhat of an inconvenience from time to time but it does not hurt gameplay in the slightest.

32 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

This is most definitely a mod, Kerbal Alarm Clock in fact.

I used to think it was stock as well until I missed a dozen manoeuvres in pure stock while frantically hammering the X key.

52 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

But since you can not throttle up during time-warp, and you can not time-warp throttled up; who cares? It might be somewhat of an inconvenience from time to time but it does not hurt gameplay in the slightest.

I'm talking about the 1-4x timewarp. Physics warp. Where you totally can throttle up or down. if you hit X, it'll kill your 4x physics warp which is really annoying.

18 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I used to think it was stock as well until I missed a dozen manoeuvres in pure stock while frantically hammering the X key.

Oh my gosh. Really? Going to check this right now!

18 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Are you sure? But since I have no reason to doubt you I'll have to take your word for it.

But stock or mod still doesn't change the fact it does not affect gameplay.

Yeah, pretty sure it's Kerbal Alarm Clock. Since pretty much everyone uses KAC all the time, it may look like stock behavior.

Playing without KAC (after an update, for instance) will remind you that the stock keystroke to kill timewarp is Ctrl + /, and that Ctrl + X is added by KAC.

Okay it's confirmed. KAC was doing it. I have no idea why, and I will see if I can change it. Because it's really bothersome.

17 hours ago, MechBFP said:

I have this exact same issue and I was also wondering what the deal is. Unfortunately I don’t have an answer. :(

Figured it out.

It's Kerbal Alarm Clock, and you can turn it off by going into your gamedata folder, finding the KAC settings.cfg file (it's in triggertech) and changing this line:

KillWarpOnThrottleCutOffKeystroke = True

change the true to false.

Once you realize that hitting X stops time warp and throttle, then it shouldn't be a big deal.   I mean it's not hard to go back into time warp afterwards.   I prefer the functionality as it serves as kinda of abort button for panic situations. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.