Jump to content

[1.4.2] Telemachus Continued - Web Based Telemetry and Cameras!


Recommended Posts

This is a continuation of the amazing mod Telemachus by tcannonfodder.

 

View addon details & screenshots on the original forum post.

 

Whats different from the original Telemachus?

  • Updated for 1.4.1
  • Semi-usable camera system (Requires Raster Prop Monitor)
  • Telemetry is added to all command pods and no longer requires a special Telemachus antenna

 

 

Download

 

License: MIT

Edited by njbrown09
Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads up: none of the sensors have been working for a while. 

http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/datalink?test=s.sensor.pres returns with {"test":[["No Sensors of the Appropriate Type"],[0]]}

In the menu's they just read 0.

I am guessing somewhere in 1.2 or 1.3 they renamed the sensors sightly. I wish I had a system that would let me contribute more to mods.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rayden said:

I don't see Telemachus for KSP 1.3 or 1.4 in my CKAN.  I see it for 1.2.2 and for 1.1.3.  Is it because I use Linux or something else?

I requested it to be on ckan. We have to wait :(. You will see "Telemachus Continued" when it gets approved.

 

 

1 hour ago, Ericwi said:

Heads up: none of the sensors have been working for a while. 

http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/datalink?test=s.sensor.pres returns with {"test":[["No Sensors of the Appropriate Type"],[0]]}

In the menu's they just read 0.

I am guessing somewhere in 1.2 or 1.3 they renamed the sensors sightly. I wish I had a system that would let me contribute more to mods.

 

Ill take a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanx for updating this... :thumbs_up:
Just a couple requests...
Can you please make it an option to add Telemachus automatically to every command pod, and also an option to require the antennas, or not...?
Some of us like the realism of having to use a seperate antenna part.

Also, as to the mapfix, what licensing issues?... Have you contacted @AntiSol to see if you can integrate his fix?

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Thanx for updating this... :thumbs_up:
Just a couple requests...
Can you please make it an option to add Telemachus automatically to every command pod, and also an option to require the antennas, or not...?
Some of us like the realism of having to use a seperate antenna part.

Also, as to the mapfix, what licensing issues?... Have you contacted @AntiSol to see if you can integrate his fix?

Havent bothered to ask him honestly. I will do that soon. I removed the antennas because honestly they looked clunky and ugly (I dont know how to 3d model so i cant make a new model). If i have time i will try to get the map fix working  myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Stone Blue said:


Can you please make it an option to add Telemachus automatically to every command pod, and also an option to require the antennas, or not...?

 

 

It's on all command parts now. If you dont want that, I believe all you have to do is delete TelemachusContinued.cfg from the Patches directory. This would force you to have a Telemachus antenna.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 1:25 AM, njbrown09 said:

I requested it to be on ckan. We have to wait :(. You will see "Telemachus Continued" when it gets approved.

I'm looking at this now. What are the consequences of this note from the repo?

Quote

Due to licensing issues, i cannot include the file to fix the maps. Dont worry though, it is super easy to do.

Replace the entire contents of \GameData\TelemachusContinued\Plugins\PluginData\Telemachus\leafletksp.js with this

CKAN isn't well suited to ad hoc overwriting of files like this. Will the mod work at all with the version of the file in the main download?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

I'm looking at this now. What are the consequences of this note from the repo?

CKAN isn't well suited to ad hoc overwriting of files like this. Will the mod work at all with the version of the file in the main download?

It works, its just that maps will be blank without it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, njbrown09 said:

It works, its just that maps will be blank without it.

Thanks. Follow up question about something I just noticed in the OP:

On 3/21/2018 at 8:08 AM, njbrown09 said:
  • Semi-usable camera system (Requires Raster Prop Monitor)

Would you prefer to have RPM as "depends" (required dependency), "recommends" (optional dependency, checked by default), "suggests" (optional dependency, unchecked by default), or none of the above?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks. Follow up question about something I just noticed in the OP:

Would you prefer to have RPM as "depends" (required dependency), "recommends" (optional dependency, checked by default), "suggests" (optional dependency, unchecked by default), or none of the above?

Make RPM a depenency, and make HullcamVDS reccomends please :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2018 at 5:04 PM, Mat van Kerman said:

Glad this is being continued! :)

Is it just me or do the maps not work? And do you happen to know if Houston is still compatible?

My maps (KSP 1.3.1) don't work either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What am I missing here?  What do I have to add/replace to make the maps work? 

On 3/30/2018 at 8:52 AM, HebaruSan said:

Due to licensing issues, i cannot include the file to fix the maps. Dont worry though, it is super easy to do.

Replace the entire contents of \GameData\TelemachusContinued\Plugins\PluginData\Telemachus\leafletksp.js with this

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rayden said:

What am I missing here?  What do I have to add/replace to make the maps work? 

 

click on "this" and you will get a bunch of text. Open up the file \GameData\TelemachusContinued\Plugins\PluginData\Telemachus\leafletksp.js and replace everything in it with what you just copied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2018 at 4:08 AM, njbrown09 said:

This is a continuation of the amazing mod Telemachus by tcannonfodder.

 

View addon details & screenshots on the original forum post.

 

Whats different from the original Telemachus?

  • Updated for 1.4.1
  • Semi-usable camera system (Requires Raster Prop Monitor)
  • Telemetry is added to all command pods and no longer requires a special Telemachus antenna

 

 

Download

 

 You need to add the license information to your post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 9:07 AM, Stone Blue said:

Thanx for updating this... :thumbs_up:
Just a couple requests...
Can you please make it an option to add Telemachus automatically to every command pod, and also an option to require the antennas, or not...?
Some of us like the realism of having to use a seperate antenna part.

Also, as to the mapfix, what licensing issues?... Have you contacted @AntiSol to see if you can integrate his fix?

Ok, so I'm a bit puzzled here.

That map fix by @AntiSol is a modified version of the original mod.

The original mod has an MIT license

The MIT license specifically says that the license stays in the code:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

It can be argued that @AntiSol didn't follow the license when he published that little file, and he can't replace the license.  So what's the problem with including it in the mod?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

 

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

It can be argued that @AntiSol didn't follow the license when he published that little file, and he can't replace the license.  So what's the problem with including it in the mod?

Ya... thats why I was wondering *what* licensing issues... figured maybe it could easily be cleared up if AntiSol was able to be contacted... vOv

I know I went ahead and added it to the package I posted, cuz it seemed technically it was OK...
IIRC, the fix is only changing hardcoded links for the map hosting site, as the original went down, and its been rehosted elsewhere by other people... vOv

and if it IS just a simple thing like that, maybe it might be agood idea to look into *not* hardcoding it, and have it look for a link in a text file?... just in case the hosting site changes again, a simple fix to a text file anyone could do... rather than having to have someone mess with the coding again?... vOv

 

Edited by Stone Blue
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so I'm a bit puzzled here.

That map fix by @AntiSol is a modified version of the original mod.

The original mod has an MIT license

The MIT license specifically says that the license stays in the code:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.

It can be argued that @AntiSol didn't follow the license when he published that little file, and he can't replace the license.  So what's the problem with including it in the mod?

Im not sure about the license on that file and i didnt want to risk violating his license. Also, he is using a modified version of leafletksp, which isnt MIT.

Edited by njbrown09
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...