Pilot Diameter on Coupling

The seal size where the couplings meet. It’s really common knowledge for most of us that have been playing for a long time, but at the same time this game is full of details. All the details give the game much sophistication that i believe is loved by many of us.

They already sort of are. It's in the part names.

TD-06 Decoupler is 0.625m.
TD-12 Decoupler is 1.25m.
TD-25 Decoupler is 2.50m.
TD-37 Decoupler is 3.75m.

See the pattern? :wink: 

The docking ports don't have this descriptive naming, but they're fairly easy to remember anyway. All docking ports are 1.25m, except for the Junior (which is 0.625m) and the Senior (which is 2.5m).

15 hours ago, Streetwind said:

They already sort of are. It's in the part names.

TD-06 Decoupler is 0.625m.
TD-12 Decoupler is 1.25m.
TD-25 Decoupler is 2.50m.
TD-37 Decoupler is 3.75m.

See the pattern? :wink: 

The docking ports don't have this descriptive naming, but they're fairly easy to remember anyway. All docking ports are 1.25m, except for the Junior (which is 0.625m) and the Senior (which is 2.5m).

Never noticed that...

As I recall, the Rockomax is 3.75 (when it was introduced, it was the MAXimun ROCKet size).  The TR-XL may be the new 5 m size -- I don't have the game open at the moment, so I'm not certain.

Pull one out of the bin in VAB and you'll be able to tell immediately if it's the same as the Rockomax or bigger.

51 minutes ago, Castille7 said:

While we are on the subject, I am looking at a TR-XL Stack Separator and the Rockomax Brand Decoupler. Maybe the Rockomax could be the Rockomax XL Brand Decoupler?

Huh?

TR-XL Stack Separator is now the TS-25.

Rockomax Brand Decoupler is now the TD-25.

Rockomax XL Brand Decoupler never existed.  The TR-38-D was the old 3.75m decoupler, now replaced by TD-37.

(Maybe the Rockomax could be) when I said this, I meant that in future reference not knowing that it's been changed already. I haven't updated to 1.4 yet, doing that soon. Thanks for the info and it's nice to see we have some descriptions to determine each for pairing.

That's what I've been doing, until I noticed a need for it recently. Some docking ports are shielded and the size wasn't in the description only in the title of some and not all. The latest version seems to have cleared that up. I would still like to see it in all the descriptions not in the part name.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.