JoolTube: Saturn V Replica with the new parts!

SQUAD

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

It's a very basic build I must say. No rover?

A rover might be nice, but I've found it rather hard to make a rover fit in a properly sized descent stage. Any descent stage that fits the rover inevitably looks something like 2-3x the size that it should be relative to the ascent stage, which also makes it harder to fit inside the S-IVB fairing. So as related  to the DLC parts, you kind of have to make a choice whether to make the lander replica, or make the rover replica.

16 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

A rover might be nice, but I've found it rather hard to make a rover fit in a properly sized descent stage. Any descent stage that fits the rover inevitably looks something like 2-3x the size that it should be relative to the ascent stage, which also makes it harder to fit inside the S-IVB fairing. So as related  to the DLC parts, you kind of have to make a choice whether to make the lander replica, or make the rover replica.

The rover doesnt have to be an exact replica of the one used during apollo. For the sake of having one, I mean.

Khst1op.png

Edited by Majorjim!

On 4/2/2018 at 3:40 AM, Majorjim! said:

The rover doesnt have to be an exact replica of the one used during apollo. For the sake of having one, I mean.

True. I'm happy to make rovers like that, but seeing as it demonstrates the new folding rover wheels don't fit in terms of size with the lander parts, they might not want to be advertising it in the video :P 

(Note how in previous post I said "as related to the DLC parts")

Edit: I do not mean to bash Squad here. I think the problem simply has to do with the size of kerbals making things weird rather than any inability to scale parts

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

@KerrMü made a rover that fits into a descent module that's not too unrealistic.

3 hours ago, genbrien said:

is there a pic somewhere of how they packed/where they place the rover in the real SaturnV ?

This link gives a good overview of how the rover was stowed in the descent module:
http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum29/HTML/000731.html

Edited by DerekL1963
Speeling

If you aren't opposed to using mods, then with the Konstruction mod you get the little Akita rover by @RoverDude.  It needs a minimum of 7 parts to build a functional rover and, if you also use KIS/KAS, can be assembled on site.  The Konstruction thread has a picture of the rover with 10 parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.