Myrkur

Space plane spawns above runway

Question

Having issues launching a space plane after launching its teleporting 1km up above the runway just for it to fall down and crash

opening the alt f12 console while loading gives the error (Ground contact! - error moving vessel up 996.814m)

mods installed are OPT and kOS on the latest version of KSP 1.4.1

Video I took earlier http://plays.tv/video/5ab2b39148fecdebd1/ground-contact-error-

6 answers to this question

After about an hour of messing around turns out it was the docking port on the space craft being placed below the landing gear that caused the contact error

did you manage to fix it tho? having the same issue with opt, im using the small J docking port and no matter what i do i cant stop it teleporting...

Edited by RockyButtclench

also its not anything to do with the landing gear or docking ports... it still does it to me when i dont have either, from my testing its the deployment bay that is causing it.

Same issue here, it's definitely the deployment bay that's doing it for me too. Did anyone ever find a fix?

same issue here, can't launch anything that has OPT plane parts... Must be mod related but i doubt that it will get fixed since the mod is probably abandoned

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.