Do we have the authority to publish MOD here?

flywlyx

Consider after the latest EULA update, we have agreed that

You hereby waive and agree never to assert any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution with respect to Licensor's and other players' use and enjoyment of such assets in connection with the Software and related goods and services under applicable law.

Which means nobody here grants the right to publish MOD without T2 authorization.

Can we granted a temporary permission by posting a topic in add-on forum or everything is just an illegal black market here until T2 want to kick somebody's ass?

Edit: Publishing here ->posting a topic in add-on forum

Edited by flywlyx

I don't know, if only we had a dedicated mods release section on an official forum to see how strictly this EULA was enforced, then we could see with our own eyes that zero mods have been released since the EULA change...

3 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

I don't know, if only we had a dedicated mods release section on an official forum to see how strictly this EULA was enforced, then we could see with our own eyes that zero mods have been released since the EULA change...

But suppose such a fabric of imagination would exist, hypothetically speaking obviously, what about mods that were previously published before the EULA update, are updated for 1.4.x and the existence of such update would be published in that mythical place, would that count as "released?"

(Asking for a friend)

Hi, its a valid point given the wording, though i feel that wording leads toward their software and products rather than anything we do/did.  

The question for me if that is indeed the case, and we technically need some form of waiver,  Do we actually publish anything here at all?

We advertise our wares which are ALWAYS actually stored and downloaded from other locations,  unlike some other arrangements in which the mods are hosted advertised and finally downloaded all from the same site  ,  making KSP forum no more than a store front, and a convenient location for user of mods to become aware of whats available.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.