ksp update

guesswho2778

so i got ksp on steam and i want to update it but i dont have enough internet credit (or time) to update all of my games (which steam will do) is there a way to update it without opening steam

PS. dont know where to put this

Edited by guesswho2778

No. If you bought the game through Steam, then you can only update it through Steam.

But you can learn how to use Steam! The properties pane for each game has an Updates tab with options to control automatic updates. It looks like this:

rLKXSGp.png

You can disable automatic updates for all of your games and manually update KSP. Or you could set KSP to be High Priority so it gets downloaded first, and disconnect afterwards. Or you could even disable background downloads for everything except KSP and launch some other game - Steam will go ahead and download the KSP update in the background.

There is also another option. Launching the game from exe, not through steam.

Same thing as changing auto updates, game preferences > local files > go for directory, there is a file you launch from.

Whoops, well, what I get after reading at 5AM, you wanted to update, not launch. Nevermind me then.

Edited by The Aziz
Ehh

My advice don’t spend any money on the DLC. Wait till it works. I dare anyone with the DLC to Recover a Kerbal in any DLC Mission or build a Mission with a recover Kerbal node.  Handy for rebooting though. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 10:28 PM, Bill Phil said:

I usually just go into downloads and change up the queue.

but the game is still updating and wont open

On 3/30/2018 at 4:33 PM, bonyetty said:

My advice don’t spend any money on the DLC. Wait till it works. I dare anyone with the DLC to Recover a Kerbal in any DLC Mission or build a Mission with a recover Kerbal node.  Handy for rebooting though. 

yeah im not buying until enough people encourage me to

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.