[1.4.1] Dev Thread - KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC

KSP-AVC Plugin 1.1.6.9

KSP Add-on Version Checker

This system is a spawn from @cybutek's work on this thread, which itself was a spawn of Tyrope's endevours on this thread

@cybutek has done a great job over the years with this and other mods.  Unfortunately, it seems that for whatever reason he isn't willing or able to update this.

This is the development thread, the release thread is here:

There are several long-standing errors, to the point which is beginning to make it unreliable.

So I'm going to be adopting this for the foreseeable future.  If @cybutek ever comes back, I'll be very happy to return control to him

So, first the forum requirements:

I've copied all the open issues from the original thread to keep track of them.

I will NOT be creating or supporting a web site to build and maintain the AVC files.  I don't have the time for that, especially since the current one is still working

Beta Download

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases/tag/1.1.6.9

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

Current issues (some fixed)

• when the KSP_VERSION is lower than the version of the game, it doesn't check the VERSION at all. (fixed)
  • follow symlinks
  • Exception when trying to view installed mods on the loading screen (fixed)
  • AVC window stuck in the middle of the screen with firewall
  • KSP-AVC not detecting my local KSP Version against local .version files (fixed)
  • KSP-AVC not detecting a new version
  • Show parse error when .version JSON file has wrong syntax? (somewhat fixed)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer

Hi, I just signed up to say thanks, you continue to take up and maintain mods that people both enjoy and rely upon. Whilst I imagine that it's a thankless task at times I suspect there's plenty of gamers (like me) that have assumed you're regularly praised for your efforts and subsequently don't bother to say thank you. I assure you the effort is appreciated and I wanted to make a point of saying so on behalf of the silent appreciators (hopefully I'll have inspired more to say thanks).

Thanks! :cool:

Toolbar displays however when you click show addons the lower part of bar disapears and does not show the addon list. 1.1.6.5v, I am testing beta2 now will report back.

Update: This is also happening with the 1.1.6.6v as well. Please let me know if there is anything that I can provide for further help.

Edited by t12213roy

18 hours ago, t12213roy said:

Toolbar displays however when you click show addons the lower part of bar disapears and does not show the addon list. 1.1.6.5v, I am testing beta2 now will report back.

Update: This is also happening with the 1.1.6.6v as well. Please let me know if there is anything that I can provide for further help.

Pics, please

also, how many mods do you have installed?

And what OS are you on?

And the game screen dimensions.

Log file would also help

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Pics, please

also, how many mods do you have installed?

And what OS are you on?

ok I am getting the information your requesting. One question is it redundant to run both toolbar, and toolbar controller? I have both installed but not sure if they do t he same thing, Also I have 58 addons installed. I will update oncw I get the screen shots. Also using Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 fully updated, 32gb ram, intel i7 6600 4core processor on a nvidia 1080 with 8gb memory.

before.png

after.png

Edited by t12213roy
update to give more information as requested

15 minutes ago, t12213roy said:

ok I am getting the information your requesting. One question is it redundant to run both toolbar, and toolbar controller? I have both installed but not sure if they do t he same thing, Also I have 58 addons installed. I will update oncw I get the screen shots. Also using Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 fully updated, 32gb ram, intel i7 6600 4core processor on a nvidia 1080 with 8gb memory.

The Toolbar Controller uses the toolbar, they are not the same.  You don't need the toolbar, if you don't want to use it

And I still need:

• also, how many mods do you have installed?
  • And what OS are you on?

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The Toolbar Controller uses the toolbar, they are not the same.  You don't need the toolbar, if you don't want to use it

And I still need:

• also, how many mods do you have installed?
  • And what OS are you on?

I have 59 mods installed. using Windows 10 Enterprise 1709 fully updated, 32gb ram, intel i7 3.4ghrz  4core processor with a nvidia 1080 with 8gb memory.

Edited by t12213roy

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

and a log file, please

You are most likely getting an exception from a bad .version file.  I need to identify that file so I can catch whatever case is being hit.

It works for me in my tests, so I really need to see that log file

1 minute ago, t12213roy said:

Output.log? or the log in your mod folder?

output_log.txt, please

Same result once you click show addons looks like the before screenshot in my previous post.

I know, but I need a log from when you clicked the button to show the addons, otherwise that code won't get executed.

its the very last log dated today.. there is no other log, ill delete it and rerun game to see

thanks.  If this doesn't show anything, I may get you a test dll later on with some additional debugging

16 minutes ago, t12213roy said:

Thanks for your time,

The problem is the OldPartsReduxAlpha.version file, it is badly written and has multiple syntax errors:

{
    "NAME":"Old Parts Redux Alpha",
    "URL":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux/download/0.6.3",
    },
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MINOR":4,
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "PATCH":9
    }
}

Specifically, there is a closing brace with a comma right after the DOWNLOAD line, which causes no end of problems

If you could contact the author of the mod, I'll work on preventing this from causing errors

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.