linuxgurugamer

[1.4.1] Dev Thread - KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC - KSP-AVC

Recommended Posts

I was able to modify  the .version file of that mod and corrected the error as follows

{
    "NAME":"Old Parts Redux Alpha",
    "URL":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux",
    "DOWNLOAD":"https://spacedock.info/mod/1744/Old%20Parts%20Redux/download/0.6.3",
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":0,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":4,
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":4,
        "PATCH":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":4,
        "PATCH":9
    }
}

This fixed that issue and now it displays the mods when you click the radio button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSP-AVC is flagging some mods as supported by past versions of KSP.  However, the "KSP_VERSION_MIN" is less than KSP 1.4.1.  Therefore, KSP-AVC should not flag it.  Or, is that the correct design/action ?

For instance, Fuel Tanks Plus is flagged.  The .version file is:

{
    "NAME": "Fuel Tanks Plus",
    "URL": "http://ksp.necrobones.com/files/FuelTanksPlus/FuelTanksPlus.version",
    "DOWNLOAD": "http://spacedock.info/mod/92/Fuel%20Tanks%20Plus",
    "VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 2,
        "MINOR": 0,
        "PATCH": 2
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 4,
        "PATCH": 0
    }
}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apollo13 said:

KSP-AVC is flagging some mods as supported by past versions of KSP.  However, the "KSP_VERSION_MIN" is less than KSP 1.4.1.  Therefore, KSP-AVC should not flag it.  Or, is that the correct design/action ?

For instance, Fuel Tanks Plus is flagged.  The .version file is:

{
    "NAME": "Fuel Tanks Plus",
    "URL": "http://ksp.necrobones.com/files/FuelTanksPlus/FuelTanksPlus.version",
    "DOWNLOAD": "http://spacedock.info/mod/92/Fuel%20Tanks%20Plus",
    "VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 2,
        "MINOR": 0,
        "PATCH": 2
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 4,
        "PATCH": 0
    }
}

 

Well, its correct for what it's doing.  This is an undefined case, in that there is no MAX specified.  So what I'm doing, and maybe it needs to change, is that if there is no MAX but there is a MIN, to set the MAX = MIN.  Similarly, if there is a MAX but no MIN, I set MIN = MAX.

But it seems that people are using it  differently, so I'll set MIN = 0.0.0.0 if missing, and MAX = currentMajorver (ie: in the above case, MAX will be set equal to 1.4.1).

comments?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found the problem with the nullrefs, the issue is that the bad JSON is causing there to be no VERSION, and that was causing the problem.  Will be fixed in next beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New beta, 1.1.6.7:

  • Fixed null ref which showed one time when displaying addons
  • Fixed bug where a missing VERSION would cause the dropdown to cause nullrefs
  • Removed Min/Max functions to VersionInfno as not needed anymore
  • Removed FixMissingMinMax after parsing files as not needed anymore

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases/tag/1.1.6.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was able to talk with the Developer of Old Parts Dedux, he has corrected the syntax and post and update on CurseForge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New beta, 1.1.6.7:

  • Fixed null ref which showed one time when displaying addons
  • Fixed bug where a missing VERSION would cause the dropdown to cause nullrefs
  • Removed Min/Max functions to VersionInfno as not needed anymore
  • Removed FixMissingMinMax after parsing files as not needed anymore

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases/tag/1.1.6.7

This is a good update, all seems to be working well as intended. Great work linuxgurugamer. Thanks for your time sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer Thanks for the response and the update.  However, here is a.version file that was NOT flagged by KSP-AVC, and I believe it should have been:

{
    "NAME": "Camera Focus Changer",
    "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/zentarul/camerafocuschanger/releases",
    "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/zentarul/camerafocuschanger/master/GameData/CameraFocusChanger/CFC.version",
    "GITHUB": {
        "USERNAME": "zentarul",
        "REPOSITORY": "camerafocuschanger"
    },
    "VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 0,
        "PATCH": 1,
        "BUILD": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION_MAX": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 99
    }
}

Edited by Apollo13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.  That was quick.

EDIT:  A bit odd display for Mk-1-Cabin-Hatch, given the .version file:

59TyGKy.png


{
    "NAME":"Mk1-Cabin-Hatch",
    "URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/skalou/Mk1-Cabin-Hatch/master/Mk1-Cabin-Hatch__KSP-AVC",
    "VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":0,
        "MINOR":2,
        "PATCH":0,
        "BUILD":0
    },
    "KSP_VERSION":
    {
        "MAJOR":1,
        "MINOR":2,
        "PATCH":1
    }
}

Edited by Apollo13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, no worries, mate.  KSP-AVC does the job as is.  These are all one-offs I've been finding, not show-stoppers.  Those other 129 mods you're updating can wait, right?  LOL :)

Sidebar: added you to my Follow Member list.  I use many of your mods, so if you've something to say, I want to know...NOW!

Edited by Apollo13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Apollo13 said:

Aye, no worries, mate.  KSP-AVC does the job as is.  These are all one-offs I've been finding, not show-stoppers.  Those other 129 mods you're updating can wait, right?  LOL :)

This has top priority, because of the MiniAVC as well

The good news is that these are now minor changes, and I have a fairly decent understanding of the code now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new version of KSP-AVC seems to be stable, so unless any other issues show up  I'll probably be releasing it in a day or so.  I just need to finish testing the MiniAVC.dll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving to Add-on Development.

(Rationale:  Plug-in Development Help and Support is for questions and answers about how to write code for KSP mods, e.g. "Hey, I want the game to <do thing>, how do I do that?"  If a thread's about the development of a specific mod, e.g. for the mod author to provide updates, then it belongs in Add-on Development; that's what that forum is for.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Linuxgurugamer: will you be adding KSP-AVC ver 1.1.6.9 to the CurseForge Files page?  I ask, because the latest there is 1.1.6.2, which is old and busted.  This is the page I'm referring to , unless you have a newer CurseForge or SpoaceDock distro page: CurseForge - KSP-AVC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.