Let's talk about Easter Eggs!

HansonKerman

This is a thread where we discuss and talk about... you guessed it-Easter Eggs!

First and Foremost, the Orange Circle on Bop. I have not gone there myself, but I've seen pics of it. What do you think? My guess is that the corpse of the Elder Kraken is interfering with Bop, due to being buried in the rock of Bop.

It usually frowned upon to talk about the easter eggs out in the open like this.  If you mention any of them, please enclose the text in spoiler tags.  This is intended to allow players to search for them on their own without getting any hints, and be surprised when they find them.    For a real discussion on easter eggs, I think it would be interesting to go back and check all the threads about the EEs and compare how they have evolved over the years. 

Looks like it's getting to be that time of year again.

The trick to a good hard boiled egg is to add a little vinegar to the water when you boil them. It makes them so much easier to peel and enjoy.

However, if you're going to dye them you might want to skip the vinegar; it can mess up the shell. I like to dye them, but these days I like eating them more. The problem is I'm starting to look like the ideal pre-1.0 rockets...

3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

I have found the biggest trick to easter eggs, is getting them out of the bunny in bulk. 

Trust me on this, shose little brown 'egg shaped' things the rabbits leave in the grass are most definitely NOT chocolate eggs.

But if you feed them scraps of tin foil the night before, they do come out already wrapped and ready for distribution!

3 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Trust me on this, shose little brown 'egg shaped' things the rabbits leave in the grass are most definitely NOT chocolate eggs.

On 3/24/2018 at 12:04 AM, ~>APOLLOSMUDGE123<~ said:

Umm... the mohole? that's on moho? that's a pretty cool one. never been there though. :(

Spoiler
Spoiler

Don't look at this if you don't know about easter eggs.Don't look at this if you don't know about easter eggs.Don't look at this if you don't know about easter eggs.

Spoiler

Don't look at this if you don't know about easter eggs.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Don't.

Don't look at this if you don't know about easter eggs.

Seriously.

It's a whole lot more fun to find this stuff out in-game.

Last  chance to turn back.

I did warn you...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Oh, yes! It used to be a terrain glitch, but it now has it's own biome, the Northern Sinkhole! Wouldn't advise going down there though... gets narrower as you go down.

Spoiler

Edited by HansonKerman
Spoiler alert!

I hope this is not to far of topic, but I have started work on a mission with the ambition of telling a story. There is at least one Easter Egg that would really help to get the story. In fact, it is what made me think of the story. But I am not sure if that is Kosher or not. Would it be bad form to lead players to an Easter Egg in a mission? 

1 hour ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

I hope this is not to far of topic, but I have started work on a mission with the ambition of telling a story. There is at least one Easter Egg that would really help to get the story. In fact, it is what made me think of the story. But I am not sure if that is Kosher or not. Would it be bad form to lead players to an Easter Egg in a mission? 

I don't think so. The problem with revealing easter eggs to people is it ruins the moment of discovery. The discovery is the fun.

If you can make a mission that causes people to discover an easter egg, I don't think that will ruin the fun of the easter egg. The trick is to somehow still make the easter egg a surprise to the player. I think a mission that makes use of the easter eggs could be fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.