Astronauts Complex doesnt work

Even though its for an older version, maybe someone  knows a workaround (want to stay on 1.3.1 because of mods)

When I enter the Astronaut Complex no crew is displayed and it shows 10 crew members of 12 assigned, even on a new game.

KSP Version: 1.3.1.2077 (backdated from Steam), same on 32bit and 64bit version (Windows 10), clean install

Steps to Replicate: (start new game) and enter astronaut complex

Log shows these lines:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CrewGenerator.GetRandomName (Gender g, System.Random generator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CrewGenerator.RandomCrewMemberPrototype (KerbalType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalRoster.AddApplicant (Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalRoster.Update (Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.InitiateGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:

output_log

Screenshot

Edited by thehigtown

2 hours ago, thehigtown said:

Even though its for an older version, maybe someone  knows a workaround (want to stay on 1.3.1 because of mods)

When I enter the Astronaut Complex no crew is displayed and it shows 10 crew members of 12 assigned, even on a new game.

KSP Version: 1.3.1.2077 (backdated from Steam), same on 32bit and 64bit version (Windows 10), clean install

Steps to Replicate: (start new game) and enter astronaut complex

Log shows these lines:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CrewGenerator.GetRandomName (Gender g, System.Random generator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CrewGenerator.RandomCrewMemberPrototype (KerbalType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalRoster.AddApplicant (Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalRoster.Update (Double UT) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.InitiateGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log:

output_log

Screenshot

Did you delete everything out of the Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ folder? (except for the Squad folder, as that is the only one that should be there on a clean install)

My guess is you thought you did a clean install, but there are still mod files kicking around that folder causing problems.

Edited by MechBFP

33 minutes ago, thehigtown said:

Yea i deleted the whole KSP folder and reinstalled the game.

The only odd thing I can see is that the version I am running is 1.3.1.1891, which was the latest 1.3.1 version that I had on steam.

Not sure why your version is 1.3.1.2077. Mine was the original version though, so i didn't have to use the beta thing to backtrack.
Perhaps they have a wrong build on there for the previous 1.3.1 version?

EDIT: @SQUAD  Just curious if you are guys are aware that there appears to be two slightly different 1.3.1 versions available out there?

Edited by MechBFP

1 hour ago, thehigtown said:

okay fixed it myself... problem is with the german localization (which is 1.3.1.2077) and the name generator for kerbals. switched to english locale and it works now (english one is 1.3.1.1891).

and thx @Gargamel and @MechBFP for pointing out the different version numbers :wink:

Glad to hear you fixed it. If you have a chance, please report the issue to the squad bug tracker, as that is definitely a bug!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.