Media

Spoiler

Spoiler

2.0 Planed feature set:

- Revamped all textures!

- Merlin Vacuum foil.

- Revamped Landing Leg Meshes.

- Thicker Raceways and Integrated RCS.

- Support for Launchers Pack AND Tundra Exploration!

- Revamped Fairing textures.

- Revamped Interstage.

- Animated Falcon Heavy booster struts.

- Animated interstage hydraulic pusher.

- One part, thrust configurable engine block.

- Entirely independent, relying modifications through MM scripts.

HELP WANTED!!!

If you have any experience with KSP modding,

particularly animations, meshes, and unity integration 

please let me know! (DM or Discord (Space Bird#4609)) 

Your help will be much appreciated to make this

mod the highest quality it can possibly be!

License

Spoiler

BSD 2-Clause License

Copyright (c) 2019, Nolan Anders (Space Bird)

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
  list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

* Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
  this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
  and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY,
OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

SpaceX and Falcon logos are Copyright (c) of Space Exploration Technologies Inc.

Edited by SpaceBirb
OP Reform 3

Thank You, the block 5 is actually a good looking rocket with the black ascents.  I guess one day Elon will be asking, " so what color would you like the rocket? sure sure no problem, we can add leather trim"

Edited by viperwolf

Hey, thanks for your work @SpaceBirb! :)

I've just updated the SpaceX Pack to work with KSP 1.4.2 and thus, I also removed firespitter as a dependency because now in 1.4, the module "ModulePartVariants" lets you apply different textures to one part, go check out some squad configs for fuel tanks or the new parts from the expansion to see how that works.

It would be great if you could drop the firespitter dependency as well and also switch to the stock module, otherwise users will need to install firespitter for this expansion to work.

Also, would it be possible to not replace the original configs, but rather make a module manager patch for the changed parts? I am not too familiar with MM but I think there's gotta be a feature which simply lets you "add" some stuff to an already existing line, you might need to ask someone else or look in the documentation, but that would be great so custom textures  won't need to be inserted into the cfg again. :)

If you have questions how the new stock module works, feel free to ask and I'll help you! (also I've changed some names so be careful when applying your textures!)

Thanks,

KK

On 4/3/2018 at 2:08 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Also, would it be possible to not replace the original configs, but rather make a module manager patch for the changed parts? I am not too familiar with MM but I think there's gotta be a feature which simply lets you "add" some stuff to an already existing line, you might need to ask someone else or look in the documentation, but that would be great so custom textures  won't need to be inserted into the cfg again. :)

This is a good idea. The requirement to overwrite files from SpaceXLaunchVehicles is currently preventing this mod from being indexed in CKAN, because overwriting another mod's files is treated as a conflict. If this does get resolved, please let us know at:

Hey all!

Just updated B5 to V1.3 to add support for v5.2 of the LaunchersPack, and stock module.

However, with your regard

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎03 at 8:08 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

would it be possible to not replace the original configs, but rather make a module manager patch for the changed parts?

I myself am also puzzled on how this would be possible. I don't see it as not being possible, however I am also inexperienced with MM myself. So if anybody has any suggestions as to how to complete such a task, please let me know!

Thanks!

-SpaceBird

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I just released a beta for V1.4, which contains the following:

Added:

- Revamped non-burnt textures

- Revamped Octoweb

- Revamped Interstage with cables

- Fixed small logo position alterations between non-burnt textures.

- Other misc. stuff.

Planned:

- Revamped burnt textures

- Legs 2.0

Pictures:

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

• 1 month later...

I have a question: How does this not overwrite the original textures given that the files you say to replace the original ones with are smaller (and therefore can't have all the data in the old textures)?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, IMLL1 said:

I have a question: How does this not overwrite the original textures given that the files you say to replace the original ones with are smaller (and therefore can't have all the data in the old textures)?

It may be because of the B5 texture format mainly being formatted in .png, and .dds. Instead of the regular textures being formatted in mainly .dds. Adding png's may compress the file size a bit. Other than that, I'm not too sure. As for the configuration files, they are the same format, and therefore larger. But the size of the textures is smaller because of different formats.

Edited by SpaceBirb
Stuff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 3:38 PM, RandomDude said:

Hi SpaceBird :) i don't understand, i'm putting the extracted files into game data/launcher packs/rockets/spaceX/ and it wont change anything, i still have the white block 4 falcon 9, any ideas on how to fix it ?

Hello! 

You may be doing a couple of things wrong, installed the wrong version, forgetting a dependency, etc.

First off, if you have KSP 1.4 and up, (1.4,1.4.1,2,3 etc.) you'll need to download B5 V1.3. If you're running KSP 1.3.1 or lower, you'll have to download B5 V1.2, and use firespitter for texture changes.

If you have installed it correctly, you'll have to right click the part that you want to change textures in order to display the texture-changing menu.

If you still have trouble, please let me know!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Really cool mod, but i have a question, i want to use this in RSS and RO. but the problem is that all the configs i found would add the real fuels, but it would overwrite the textures and have only one texture. if you have some good configs then please provide me some, Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 9/12/2018 at 7:42 AM, santadze said:

Hey! Really cool mod, but i have a question, i want to use this in RSS and RO. but the problem is that all the configs i found would add the real fuels, but it would overwrite the textures and have only one texture. if you have some good configs then please provide me some, Thanks!

If you could link me the configs, I (if permitted by the license) will modify them to work for you with the texture pack!

Sorry for the long response.

-Space Bird

• 4 weeks later...

Hey umm i really liked your mod its really cool I like that you can make block 5 falcon 9's/Falcon Heavy's (I was getting tired of just block 4 boosters)anyways, I was having fun until 1.6 rolled around and suddenly the B5 textures were all gray.Don't know what happened and if it can simply just be repaired with an update or i did something wrong.After all when i downloaded it for the 5th time on SpaceDock i saw it said "Mod outdated use at your own risk." so I kinda believe it can be solved with just a update but about 25% of me thinks i just did something wrong.

Btw tell me when a new update comes out so i can delete the old files and replace them with the new files

Update on JAN/8/2019 : Going to download the files for the 6th time hoping that an unspoken update has already gone online by the time im writing this i have not done it but after this arrow i will -->Ok again haven't loaded up KSP but i moved the B5 folder into the Launchers Pack folder again, after the arrow i have already done it. -->No.. it..it didn't work time to add a new and hopefully updated .Nope all the parts are gray.

Edited by The_evil_martians

On 12/3/2018 at 9:11 AM, SpaceBirb said:

If you could link me the configs, I (if permitted by the license) will modify them to work for you with the texture pack!

Sorry for the long response.

-Space Bird

I forgot to reply but i fixed the issue!

Thanks for replying though.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everybody!

Just to let you guys know, this mod will be overhauled in the coming weeks, more realistic burnt textures

and octoweb textures will be overhauled and updated aswell. Hopefully I can start making Legs 2.0.

Sorry for kinda abandoning this for 6 months, have been busy with school and such.

-Space Bird

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/29/2018 at 6:46 PM, The_evil_martians said:

Hey umm i really liked your mod its really cool I like that you can make block 5 falcon 9's/Falcon Heavy's (I was getting tired of just block 4 boosters)anyways, I was having fun until 1.6 rolled around and suddenly the B5 textures were all gray.Don't know what happened and if it can simply just be repaired with an update or i did something wrong.After all when i downloaded it for the 5th time on SpaceDock i saw it said "Mod outdated use at your own risk." so I kinda believe it can be solved with just a update but about 25% of me thinks i just did something wrong.

Btw tell me when a new update comes out so i can delete the old files and replace them with the new files

Update on JAN/8/2019 : Going to download the files for the 6th time hoping that an unspoken update has already gone online by the time im writing this i have not done it but after this arrow i will -->Ok again haven't loaded up KSP but i moved the B5 folder into the Launchers Pack folder again, after the arrow i have already done it. -->No.. it..it didn't work time to add a new and hopefully updated .Nope all the parts are gray.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:42 PM, The_evil_martians said:

Thats cool space bir(b)d! Quick question, have you fixed the bug or is it on me XD

I think this bug has something to do with KSP 1.6 and not the mod. It could also be something to do with the Launchers Pack mod, as the latest version only officially supports 1.4.5. I have it installed on 1.6.1 and can see that some octoweb textures are grey aswell. It works perfectly in 1.4 & 5. So I'm betting that it has something to do with 1.6. I'll play with the configs a bit to see if that fixes anything! Thanks for letting me know about this!

-Space Bird

• 2 weeks later...

Nothin feels better than knowing your covered.

ill also do my own work of de-updating KSP to see if it does works; thats how much i wouldn't survive with the mod since block 5 boosters came out XD

oh and cool new profile pic i like that mix of Kurzgesagt and spaceX (i figured it was the DM-1's astronauts clothes lel first second i glanced at it i thought it was a scout of some kind)

and 2nd note, i have the interstage, B5 tank, grid fins and landing legs gray. (if it were just the grid fins or octaweb i wouldn't mind much)

thanks so much for responding

-a spaceX fan

Edited by The_evil_martians

• 1 month later...