SpaceBirb

B5 (2.0 Coming 2019)

Recommended Posts

Moving to Add-on Development, since this appears to be under development-- and the current "coming soon" stub in the OP at the moment doesn't comply with the rules for add-on releases (e.g. doesn't say what the mod does, doesn't specify a license, doesn't provide a link to source code or provide enough info to verify that "source code" isn't a thing, etc.)

@SpaceBirb, please let us know when this is ready for release and the OP has been adjusted to meet the add-on posting guidelines, and we're happy to move it back to Add-on Releases for you.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Will the 2.0 version be compatible with Kerbal 1.2.2?

Edited by Falcon_1e
misspelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2018 at 1:47 PM, HebaruSan said:

This is a good idea. The requirement to overwrite files from SpaceXLaunchVehicles is currently preventing this mod from being indexed in CKAN, because overwriting another mod's files is treated as a conflict. If this does get resolved, please let us know at

Hey!

It's been awhile, the link for that pull request is no longer working. B5 1.4 and up integrate texture modifications through MM now. I have submitted an Issue on NetKAN for this, which includes .ckan and .netkan files. However, If I set SpaceXLaunchVehicles as a requirement, the .ckan can't be generated because it's listing on CKAN only lists it as supporting 1.4.5, and B5 supports 1.4.0 - 1.7.0, as SpaceXLaunchVehicles does work on 1.7, but is not indexed as such. So I changed the requirement of SpaceXLaunchVehicles to suggested, although it is a dependency.

 

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7128

 

-Thanks!

Edited by SpaceBirb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @SpaceBirb,

We're sorry, but we've had to remove the download link-- the issues mentioned above are still not fixed:

We know it's a hassle, and we're sorry about that, but it can't be helped.  :(

Please address the following concerns before putting the link back:

  • OP of this thread needs to specify what the license is.
  • The downloadable mod package itself (i.e. the zip file from the hosting site) needs to include an actual license file that contains the full text of the license (i.e. not just the name of the license, but the whole shebang, legalese and all).  It looks like you've already got the LICENSE file on GitHub, just need to make sure that it's included in the zip file.

Thank you for your understanding, and again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SpaceBirb said:

It's been awhile, the link for that pull request is no longer working. B5 1.4 and up integrate texture modifications through MM now. I have submitted an Issue on NetKAN for this, which includes .ckan and .netkan files. However, If I set SpaceXLaunchVehicles as a requirement, the .ckan can't be generated because it's listing on CKAN only lists it as supporting 1.4.5, and B5 supports 1.4.0 - 1.7.0, as SpaceXLaunchVehicles does work on 1.7, but is not indexed as such. So I changed the requirement of SpaceXLaunchVehicles to suggested, although it is a dependency.

 

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/issues/7128

OK, we can continue this at the pull request:  https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/7132

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snark said:

Hi @SpaceBirb,

We're sorry, but we've had to remove the download link-- the issues mentioned above are still not fixed:

We know it's a hassle, and we're sorry about that, but it can't be helped.  :(

Please address the following concerns before putting the link back:

  • OP of this thread needs to specify what the license is.
  • The downloadable mod package itself (i.e. the zip file from the hosting site) needs to include an actual license file that contains the full text of the license (i.e. not just the name of the license, but the whole shebang, legalese and all).  It looks like you've already got the LICENSE file on GitHub, just need to make sure that it's included in the zip file.

Thank you for your understanding, and again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

No worries! I plan to reform the whole OP later today, which will include license info. An update will be pushed as-well to include a text file of the license. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Falcon_1e said:

Will the 2.0 version be compatible with Kerbal 1.2.2?

By default, no. However, if I have time I can make a branch of 2.0 that will support 1.2 - 1.3 using firespitter. The release of 2.0 will by default only support 1.4 and up, and 1.3 and lower may need several script audits to make them compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SpaceBirb said:

By default, no. However, if I have time I can make a branch of 2.0 that will support 1.2 - 1.3 using firespitter. The release of 2.0 will by default only support 1.4 and up, and 1.3 and lower may need several script audits to make them compatible.

Ok, and thank you for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 2:08 AM, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

@SpaceBirb when is 2.0 releasing? 

 

4 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

@SpaceBirb any Dev pictures???

Development has been slow, mainly due to school and lack of experience, especially with 3D modelling. Tundra version will probably release sometime next month, but I can’t promise that. Full 2.0 expected early July at the earliest to late August at the latest.

I apologize for the lack of updates, as school has taken up most of my time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SpaceBirb said:

 

Development has been slow, mainly due to school and lack of experience, especially with 3D modelling. Tundra version will probably release sometime next month, but I can’t promise that. Full 2.0 expected early July at the earliest to late August at the latest.

I apologize for the lack of updates, as school has taken up most of my time.

Oh ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I get this to work on KSP 1.3.1  

I am using launchers pack v5.3 and that works great with 1.3.1

Now I can not figure out how to get the block 5 textures to work. In ksp 1.3.1 you cannot switch textures on a part like in ksp 1.4

So what do i do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exams are done, rest of the week sill be spent on 2.0 Dev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello @SpaceBirb,

First Thank you for this great mod!

 

I don't want to bother you, but I'm working on setting up a new install (after not having played KSP for over 12 moths) and I was wondering, if there will be a new update (B5 2.0?) in the next days/weeks...

Or at least a rough ETA of some sort...

Or do you need help?

Edited by N3N

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.