Everything gone?

Hi, 

I have been playing science mode. I recently sent a satellite up into orbit, ~265km Kerbin orbit. I left to view some other things in the tracking station, and when I went back on to the satellite, there was just blackness. I could see the sun, and it was, at times, blocked by Kerbin (but I could not see it). The map view still works fine, in fact everything does (moving, manoeuvres, burns, etc.). My mods are: x Science, Bon Voyage, EVS, Kerbal Engineer,  SCANsat, scatterer and I have the expansion. I am on KSP 1.4.1.

Thank you to anyone who helps me with this.

Did you update all your mods with the game update?

It's probably Scatterer.  Remove it and see if the problem is still there.  If the problem goes away post your issue over in Scatterer's thread.  If it's still there, keep removing your mods one by one until the problem disappears, then post your issue in whichever mod's thread was last removed.  But I'm pretty sure your graphical problem is caused by your graphical mod.

Also, log file, log file, log file.  You will definitely need your log files when you post your issue in the mod's thread.

Geonovast,

I did try removing scatterer, and now it works! Thank you very much.

Also, thanks for telling me I should include the log files, I am still new to this whole forum!

Edited by Mikmik

57 minutes ago, Mikmik said:

Geonovast,

I did try removing scatterer, and now it works! Thank you very much.

Also, thanks for telling me I should include the log files, I am still new to this whole forum!

The current scatterer release has a bug that causes this, apparently it might be tied to timewarping.  Disabling Ocean Shaders in the Scatterer Config menu is a work around.  @blackrack is already working on a permanent fix.  It's always a good idea to check a mods thread for bug reports if you're having a problem.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.