Saved Games Issue

Last Night I hit the "Maximum number of saves taken, delete some saves"  well you cant use stock tools for this you have to use the ingame Load Menu to delete.  I started to delete saves and then something weird happend.. Auto 'saving' started to take 2-3 minutes..  everytime I deleted an old save it got slower and slower.  

So apart from fixing the bug..  can we just have a small dialog that lets me 'block delete' from a date and before. I can pretty much delete 37 of my 40 saves.  Also if deleting is triggering these issues .. a dedicated Load button on the main title would let me also clean up without the auto save firing off and taking forever to let me cleanup saves

thanks

bolloxim

A semi solution to your issue might be what I tend to do when saving.   I usually just overwrite  my existing save.  For instance I have career save that I named Career1 and every time I save after a mission I edit the save name to Career1 and just save over my previous save.  Occasionally I have a second save that I'll use as a back up.    Also when saving during a mission I just overwrite the quick save file as it always comes up as quicksave and doesn't create a new save file like when manually saving at space center.  That way I only have 4 or 5 save files at anytime.

One other thing, you should never delete the save file that is listed as "persistent".  That is the auto save file that overwrites itself when auto saving.   I've seen people post with saving issues that might have been related to deleting that file.

Edited by OrganizedChaos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.