River Raid

Fly trough The Big River as fast as possible, but don't waste your fuel, you have to return home... :P
Fly to the first checkpoint on the river source, once you get to it, you must stay below 400m and fly through the various checkpoints until the end of the river...
Get a screenshot of the mission result when you land and stop back at Baikerbanur. To see the time you traveled through the river, just subtract the Finish checkpoint time from the Start checkpoint time.
https://kerbalx.com/missions/33

z7cQQRG.jpg

1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Quick question: The River Raid file folder.

-Where do I put it so it will work?

Kerbal Space Program/Missions. I believe if you put the zip there, the game auto-unpacks it, but i could be wrong.

Found it. Had to run a KSC mission before the file folder popped up.

Thanks, and going to give this a whirl in a few minutes!

I'm guessing I have to run with the supplied plane?

EDIT: Okay, this is fun! Plane is pretty responsive. I had to turn down the limits on the ailerons and gimballed engines otherwise it could spin out easily, but all in all pretty good. Just might have to copy and paste the craft file into my library.

Edited by GDJ

Yes... in this mission I supplied the plane so the results are more based on flight skills than design exploits... :P
You can disable/enable the gimbal on the engines with Action Group 3 and Afterburners with Action Group 2 or RCS...
It also have a pair of radiators you can enable with Action Group 9...

I gave it a go before bed. Ha ha I flew to the river under 400m. It took a while it’s not easy to see terrain undulations from the cockpit while watching the radar alt too. Will let you know if/when I do complete the River Raid Mission. Btw I did the same with the ailerons. 

5 hours ago, luizopiloto said:

Yes... in this mission I supplied the plane so the results are more based on flight skills than design exploits... :P

Exploits is such a harsh word. I prefer....."refinements". :wink:  :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.