[ 1.3.X - 1.4.X ] Internal RCS

NESD

On 3/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, NESD said:

all parameters of cfg file. PhysicsSignificance  disable physics model?

Some physics is ignored if PhysicsSignificance is turned off. They lack their own colliders and don't get autostruts. (that doesn't mean they don't collide at all; they just don't act the same in a collision having only very simple models). They have no rigidbodies so they have no mass; instead, their mass is added to their parents.

Other characteristics such as thermal and aerodynamics still apply. (AFAIK, lacking rigidbodies, drag force is applied to the parent - not sure of that though)

Edited by Starwaster

@CobaltWolf  @Starwaster  Thanks, now I know why some parts don't show all parameters in Kerbal Engineer hint

@DJ Reonic  Nice idea about Sepratrons, now in my work list

In weekend I try new stock mesh switcher, they looks quite useless, because can't handle modules, resources and part parameters

so all parts reworked for single entity in part list, change orientation and can't be compatible with existing spaceships, because

I can't hide multiple rcs nodes for various angles and need align all parts to one nozzle direction, instead of existing parts aligned

to attach surface with variable exhaust direction

cGCFDrZ.jpg

visual switcher working, any other stay unchanged

@NESD sounds like the same issue that @blowfish found with B9PartSwitch. The switcher code, because it runs AFTER the part is compiled, essentially can't access other modules. When the game starts and the part is assembled, it 'bakes' the transforms into the part. Those modules would have to be rewritten to be accessible by switchers after game load.

• 8 months later...

Wondering if anyone has come across this problem:

I've added a bunch of these to a shuttle.  The shuttle is launched inside a fairing.  

After launch and jettison of fairing, most of these don't work.  It's as if they think the fairing is still there.  But only some of them, the ones near the rear of the shuttle are working

On 12/28/2018 at 5:27 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Wondering if anyone has come across this problem:

I've added a bunch of these to a shuttle.  The shuttle is launched inside a fairing.  

After launch and jettison of fairing, most of these don't work.  It's as if they think the fairing is still there.  But only some of them, the ones near the rear of the shuttle are working

You've placed them on the shuttles cargo bay haven't you? :lol: (I've done this too)

Open the cargo bay and they should work ^_^

1 hour ago, RB101 said:

You've placed them on the shuttles cargo bay haven't you? :lol: (I've done this too)

Open the cargo bay and they should work ^_^

Nope.  It seemed to be a one-time glitch, it's been working ever since

Edit:  These were on the nose of the shuttle

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...

@sibaar   Update almost ready, need some touches but almost done

Mod totally reworked and now used stock switcher so new parts placed in different orientation and not compatible with already created vessels.

Old parts saved for compatibility but hidden ( anyway, backup your game before update or complete all flights with modded spaceships )

New features: One part for all angles, Added 15 and 75 degrees cut for better fit to mk2 parts,

Parts available as RCS and Engines ( different  ISP )

All RCS and Engines available in assemblies with 1 2 3 4 or 5 nozzles to reduce vessel part count ( added MM config to hide unnecessary parts )

step of nozzles in assembly equal snap in editor for making seamless arrays

Also added internal Solid fuel booster (as requested ) with tiny decoupler to use it as JATO boosters (Tweak Scale mod recommended and supported )

or you just can use this decoupler to drop any small equipment before reentry

egq9uu4.jpg  tRXFmzo.jpg  YShDr5J.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Unless it was fixed in the latest update (which I just downloaded) there is a (very) minor bug of the separation mini-boosters using the wrong staging icon.  (They use the standard rocket one, not the solid rocket one.)

I know that this is a minor issue, so no rush to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought these parts were made so one has to place the part and yuo are done. But I was wrong right? you actually have to move the part inside after placing it to look like in the images in the OP.

Also another question... the OLD folder contains parts which don't show in the editor. right? why is the folder there? Thank you

Edited by Agustin

3 hours ago, Agustin said:

the OLD folder contains parts which don't show in the editor. right? why is the folder there?

By effectively hiding them from the user, the mod author encourages you to use the new parts for newly built vessels, while the old deprecated parts are still available for existing craft files to load correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest a little cosmetic effect.

You could put a parallax map of the interior of the nozzle on the outward facing surface.  This would make interior of the nozzles visible, further completing the illusion that the RCS is embedded into the surface.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2019 at 8:53 AM, NESD said:

All RCS and Engines available in assemblies with 1 2 3 4 or 5 nozzles to reduce vessel part count ( added MM config to hide unnecessary parts )

YShDr5J.jpg

So, I'm not sure if you already noticed this, but it appears that the RCS thrust is the same no matter how many nozzles are in the part, is that just a glitch in the editor or is it actually supposed to be that?

Also, I'm not sure you need different parts to be configured as proper engines, as you can just config the nozzles to not act as attitude actuators but only respond to throttle.

@Gfurst  KSP show RCS thrust per each nozzle, so 3X5=15.    RCS and Engines have some difference, also rcs can`t be staged

@theonegalen  Already supported, also with Restock part holes,  link below

THIS THREAD OUTDATED, THIS MOD MOVED TO

NESD`s WAREHOUSE 

as all my other mini mods,

so if You have some questions

please post it there

Edited by NESD

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...