Am I the only one feel uncomfortable about the different white of new "S4" tanks?

6 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

No, you're not.  And if you look, the new tanks have two different shades of black too.

Damn, you shouldn't told me the black is not right too.  :0.0:

Now I'm even more uncomfortable.

Help me! Is there a texture mod??

Just adding to KSP's artistic geology.  You'd think they'd have an art bible at this point.

Just looked at the picture.  How did that make it in the game...  Back to my modded 1.3.1.  You all enjoy the new "features."

Edited by klgraham1013

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the clean white look of the new parts. I was never fond of the "repurposed junk yard parts" look of early KSP parts or even the cleaner grayish ones. Over time KSP parts have gotten better, I just see this as being the next stage. With the texture flipping function I think they should just add more textures so everyone can choose their preference. Kerbal grey,  NASA white and black, bare metal and cryogenic orange at the very least should be available for all tanks.

3 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

I prefer the clean white look of the new parts. I was never fond of the "repurposed junk yard parts" look of early KSP parts or even the cleaner grayish ones. Over time KSP parts have gotten better, I just see this as being the next stage. With the texture flipping function I think they should just add more textures so everyone can choose their preference. Kerbal grey,  NASA white and black, bare metal and cryogenic orange at the very least should be available for all tanks.

Agree...

Making those variations available for every parts(including old ones) is very appreciated.     My point is, they should at least match with each other first before either cleaner or dirtier. 

Personally, I prefer the now existing MK3 style. It's not old, but more detailed and rich. 

If you take a closer look, you will find the new parts' texture is actually less detailed and even very rough at some point. For some parts, they don't even get the resolution right. 

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Okay, not really on topic, but the craft name is Mother Ship #6... What happened to the first five?

Five? What you betting that there were a few A's B's and C's along the way.. :P

11 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

Five? What you betting that there were a few A's B's and C's along the way.. :P

Mother Ship #2 Mk5 V1.4.7.8 revision B, ++, enhanced, Beta, with Laythe Lander attached (WITH KER CHIP) FINAL FOR REALS THIS TIME Launch attempt 3.

EDIT: Fixed staging order twice, should be good for launch now.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

5 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Okay, not really on topic, but the craft name is Mother Ship #6... What happened to the first five?

At least, #5 is a very successful one made of 1.3.2 parts. Forget about #1~4. They only exist in KSC's "computer simulation" LOL!

There's your next DLC idea. The "unified texture pack". Squad gave you junkyard style parts, Porkjet style parts, RD style parts, but you find the are not matching?!? Well, get the "unified texture pack" for only 14,99 funds and all your ships'll look alike... :D:P J/k of course...

Edited by StarStreak2109
Typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.