[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

54 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

haha that's what i get for using a shuttle that this hasn't been designed for

I think the SRB got snagged on the decouple cause it just vibrating rapidly before Rapid Unplanned Disassembly happened lol

Its probs kerbal error in placement but was too funny not to post

Yeah, the shuttle base was designed and sized for the Cormorant shuttle SRBs.  With those, the bottom of the aft skirts are even with the top of the deck, and the SRB hold-down bolts line up with and fit into the bolt sockets in the skirts, i.e. to replicate this:

IMG_4311n1_STS135_KenKremer.jpg

With other shuttles, you have to make sure the collider(s) on the bottom of the SRBs don't clip into the sides of the base's exhaust holes.

A future update for v2 will have some more options/adjustments on the shuttle base to accomodate other shuttles, namely benjee10's SOCK.

Edited by AlphaMensae

4 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

Yeah, the shuttle base was designed and sized for the Cormorant shuttle SRBs.  With those, the bottom of the aft skirts are even with the top of the deck, and the SRB hold-down bolts line up with and fit into the bolt sockets in the skirts, i.e. to replicate this:

IMG_4311n1_STS135_KenKremer.jpg

With other shuttles, you have to make sure the collider(s) on the bottom of the SRBs don't clip into the sides of the base's exhaust holes.

A future update for v2 will have some more options/adjustments on the shuttle base to accomodate other shuttles, namely benjee10's SOCK.

Ok i can see the issue, i think the main issue lies with Benjee10's new decoupler for the SOCK, its not as spaced out as the CA one so its throwing the alignment off, cant wait for the v2 update hows the lift going? Btw the image didnt load

You can get the SOCK shuttle to work with the shuttle base, it just requires a lot of offset gizmo adjustments, and the end result may not look exactly right, but it will work.  Before benjee10 made his shuttle, I tried out the DECQ shuttle which was re-released by someone else, and I got that to work, but it didn't match the CA shuttle, as expected.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:53 AM, AlphaMensae said:

Will that future update by chance include accommodation for Radar's Shuttle and sizing for RO/RSS?

Ok, back to work on the v2 Soyuz Launch Base! :D

The newly-revised base only is now on the Github. It's just the base, as it's in working condition, and the other stuff isn't done yet.

g929wD6.png

The old Soyuz Launch Pad and Russian Launch Stand are now hidden. The old accessory parts can still be used with the new v2 launch base for now.

As mentioned, there is only the full version of the Launch Base, with the deck.  Since it is now a launch clamp, the reasons for the old separate Russian Launch Stand no longer exist, and so it is gone. The full version made things easier as well: the clamp arms can be in the default 45* positions as shown, or in the 90* positions, or even turned off, leaving just the pads. Everything can be turned off as well, so accessories can be node or surface attached to the deck.

Hello everyone, I really want the shuttle pad for my Cormorant shuttle so I downloaded the V2.0 dev version and put the AlphaDev folder in the Gamedata folder, already had Animated decouplers and B9PartSwitch for 1.6.1 and loaded up KSP but I can't see any parts for the structure. All i can see in the parts menu is three pads, nothing to do with the FSS and RSS (something called gener test pad or something) and no other stuff. I've tried many times and I can't seem to find out where the problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 hour ago, edwin.robert said:

Hello everyone, I really want the shuttle pad for my Cormorant shuttle so I downloaded the V2.0 dev version and put the AlphaDev folder in the Gamedata folder, already had Animated decouplers and B9PartSwitch for 1.6.1 and loaded up KSP but I can't see any parts for the structure. All i can see in the parts menu is three pads, nothing to do with the FSS and RSS (something called gener test pad or something) and no other stuff. I've tried many times and I can't seem to find out where the problem is. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Without more details, I don't know what to say.  If AlphaDev is installed properly, all the parts show up. This is KSP 1.7.2:

QW9drbo.png

13 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

Without more details, I don't know what to say.  If AlphaDev is installed properly, all the parts show up. This is KSP 1.7.2:

QW9drbo.png

I don't know what to say...i installed put the first alphadev folder into gamedata and deleted the rest. Is this a problem with my ksp version, 1.6.1?

16 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

I don't know what to say...i installed put the first alphadev folder into gamedata and deleted the rest. Is this a problem with my ksp version, 1.6.1?

No, it's not the KSP version.

I'm thinking, did you delete the actual Modular Launch Pads folder?  That's still needed, even if the Saturn parts are not.

9 hours ago, Irenicus said:

And Space Shuttle launch pad is ready? ^)

It's in the v2 AlphaDev repository on the github.  It isn't one part, but a bunch of parts.  A subassembly and a Cormorant Aeronology shuttle stack craft file are also on the github.

=============================================================

Still more work to go, but the long-awaited Soyuz Launch Base gantry arms are in place:

bT5odb2.png

They are off by default, and there's also an option for just the crew elevator tower only.

I was going to have different height options, but the .mu file was getting too big (Github has a 25 MB file size limit), so I had to shelve that for the integrated arms.  The separate gantry arms part though will have adjustable heights, and depending on the full base ends up, I may be able to squeeze in an additional height option for the integrated arms.

4 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

No, it's not the KSP version.

I'm thinking, did you delete the actual Modular Launch Pads folder?  That's still needed, even if the Saturn parts are not.

Here is everything related to modular launch pads in my gamedata:

Alphadev (from the v2 dev build)

Modular launch pads (current version)

Modular launch pads alphadev (everything from the dev download folder except the alphadev folder which i moved to the gamedata folder as instructed)

B9 Part switch 1.6.1

Animated decouplers 1.6.1

KSP 1.6.1

7 minutes ago, edwin.robert said:

Here is everything related to modular launch pads in my gamedata:

Alphadev (from the v2 dev build)

Modular launch pads (current version)

Modular launch pads alphadev (everything from the dev download folder except the alphadev folder which i moved to the gamedata folder as instructed)

B9 Part switch 1.6.1

Animated decouplers 1.6.1

KSP 1.6.1

There only should be AlphaDev and ModularLaunchPads in GameData:

SgH2RgY.png

2 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

There only should be AlphaDev and ModularLaunchPads in GameData:

SgH2RgY.png

Okay, I'll try that and report back tomorrow...hopefully it works. Do i need animated decouplers and b9 part switch for KSP 1.4.5 or can it be for my current version? Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, edwin.robert said:

Okay, I'll try that and report back tomorrow...hopefully it works. Do i need animated decouplers and b9 part switch for KSP 1.4.5 or can it be for my current version? Thanks for the help!

Both the 1.4.x versions actually work in 1.6.1,  but it's probably best to use the 1.6.x versions for 1.6.1....and those also work in 1.7.x

47 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Do you plan on supporting RN rockets and RSS/RO?

I'll be including patches for RN rockets.  

As for RSS/RO, that's for the RO group to do.  I could make some Tweakscale .cfgs, but it's a low priority thing.  Some of the launch bases when scaled up to RO sizes would be too big for the stock tier 3 launch pad static, and would require custom KK statics.

23 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

I'll be including patches for RN rockets.  

As for RSS/RO, that's for the RO group to do.  I could make some Tweakscale .cfgs, but it's a low priority thing.  Some of the launch bases when scaled up to RO sizes would be too big for the stock tier 3 launch pad static, and would require custom KK statics.

It’s nice to add support for RN. Only thing is, the pad itself is the right size, but the clamps have diameter for smaller rockets if i add boosters to my R7.

9 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Hello, i just found out that milkstool is too small for BDB sarnus IB... is that intended?

It shouldn't be too small for the BDB Saturn IB, it's what I designed it for, and I haver launched the IB from it a bunch of times.