[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

19 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello :) Excited to try this. However, I tried both of the release zip files (dif names) and found the same issue with both: the bundled requirements have changed, but the MLP files themselves are still version 2.1.6? Have I borked something on my end?

Aw, crap, I forgot to actually copy over the v2.2 folder into my upload folder before I zipped it up. :blush:

Correct version is now on Spacedock, called v2.2.0.b, and soon on GitHub

Heyho! I've downloaded version 2.2.0.b, and wanted to launch a new vehicle into Orbit. But I wasn't able to adjust the length of the swing-arms, like it was possible in past versions. Am I getting something wrong here, or is it not a feature anymore? The same also happened with crew-elevators, where you were able to adjust the height.
Greetings from Vienna.

Edited by HLF1200
more info

4 hours ago, HLF1200 said:

Heyho! I've downloaded version 2.2.0.b, and wanted to launch a new vehicle into Orbit. But I wasn't able to adjust the length of the swing-arms, like it was possible in past versions. Am I getting something wrong here, or is it not a feature anymore? The same also happened with crew-elevators, where you were able to adjust the height.
Greetings from Vienna.

I did both of these things this morning with no problems.  You might want to double check your install, and/or post a link to your log file so the author can see how you have things installed. Otherwise we're just guessing.

Spoiler

VIx0HTk.png

6 hours ago, HLF1200 said:

Greetings from Vienna.

You need Staged Animation, it's a hard requirement now, as the .dll contains ModuleAnimateGenericExtra, which replaces all uses of the stock ModuleAnimateGeneric.

52 minutes ago, flart said:

On the ckan  the last version is marked as 1.12 only, but looks like it is compatible with the 1.11. 

Do you planning exclude history launch pads to the separate mod before v3?

It should say 1.8.1 for minimum KSP version now on CKAN.

The separating of the historic launch stands was more of an idle thinking moment, and not something that will happen any time soon, if ever. MLP presently isn't too big to warrant separation, and everything is designed to work together anyway.

This seemingly happened out of nowhere one day I went to play. The joints that the base parts here use to hold a rocket seem to have changed to rubber bands. My craft will sink then bounce on load and fall over. It is attached however. Just very loosely. What could be going on? Wasnt doing this before and I cant for the life of me think of any changes I made.

51 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

This seemingly happened out of nowhere one day I went to play. The joints that the base parts here use to hold a rocket seem to have changed to rubber bands. My craft will sink then bounce on load and fall over. It is attached however. Just very loosely. What could be going on? Wasnt doing this before and I cant for the life of me think of any changes I made.

What KSP version is this? If it's 1.12.1, that one is broken in all kinds of ways.

In my 1.8.1 dev install, everything is still the same.

3 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

What KSP version is this? If it's 1.12.1, that one is broken in all kinds of ways.

In my 1.8.1 dev install, everything is still the same.

1.11. Sorry shouldve mentioned that. 

Edited by Motokid600

21 minutes ago, Friznit said:

The launch pads seem to have quite low heat tolerance - they're very explodey when my rockets take off (1.11 install).  Is that a new thing or have I just never noticed it before?

I haven't changed anything related to that. Most parts have the default stock value of whatever I used as the original template.

4 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

It's in the MLP stock custom category, as I somehow forgot to add the CCK tag to it. I always use the stock custom categoery, so never noticed it.

then I'm blind because I can't see it in there lol

2 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

On my machine, KSP's built-in search feature cannot find words in MLP part titles like it can for all other parts. "Crane" does not reveal the crane. I'm not searching for tags, just text in the part titles. Is this fixable? 

The downside of hiding parts from the stock categories is that they can't be searched for either.

Delete the Hide_Parts.cfg file in the ModularLaunchPads/Category folder to unhide the parts and make them searchable.

2 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

The downside of hiding parts from the stock categories is that they can't be searched for either.

Oh wow, I completely forgot that was a side effect of the parts layout. Well, I'm leaving it as-is ... the tradeoff is totally worth it. I have all the parts' locations memorized anyway :P

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kakub said:

Anyone know how to get rid of this mesh?
In the previous version it was not there.

Yeah, that grating appears for hold-down arm support configurations that don't work with the current exhaust hole shape, like the Saturn V type (4 supports on the sides of a square hole) with any of the rectangular holes. It was a very early attempt at resolving conflicts between hole shapes and support configurations, and will be completely changed with v3...whenever I get around to it :D