[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

2 hours ago, eberkain said:

When you decouple a drop umbilical there is a massive screen shake.  Any way to suppress that? 

I haven't experienced this, so it's caused by something else. 

2 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

How do I get this working on an RP1 save? It doesn't appear in any tech tree node (as far as I can see)

I don't use RO or RP1, so can't help with that.

I am back to this mod after not playing for around six months.  While the old version was very intuitive, I am having a lot of troubles with this one.  For the life of me I can't get the launch clamps to work.  I'm using the Soyuz launch base, added the launch clamp parts, but the don't retract when I stage the launch base, resulting in my rockets to explode.  How do you get the launch clamps to actually retract?

Edit:  I realized I was missing the animated decouplers mod.  It all works now :)

Edited by ble210

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

Have you ever considered a light version of the mod that just had the generic launch pad / tower parts? 

I have thought about splitting the new launch stands into their own mod, since they are much more specialized than the general bases. I could also put the Saturn, Shuttle and Soyuz parts in with them, and make it the real-style launch base collection (or even as a third mod), with the General Bases and Towers by themselves.

I might still do it, but not for a long time. Would require some MM patches to handle both mods being present, as some of the new launch stand towers use the general umbilicals and swing arms, and I would not to have duplicate versions.

10 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

I have thought about splitting the new launch stands into their own mod, since they are much more specialized than the general bases. I could also put the Saturn, Shuttle and Soyuz parts in with them, and make it the real-style launch base collection (or even as a third mod), with the General Bases and Towers by themselves.

I might still do it, but not for a long time. Would require some MM patches to handle both mods being present, as some of the new launch stand towers use the general umbilicals and swing arms, and I would not to have duplicate versions.

I was thinking more of having two mods, one with everything, and one that was trimmed down, and making them conflict with each other on CKAN so you can only install one.  Not sure which way would be easier to maintain. 

On 11/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, mateusviccari said:

How do I get this working on an RP1 save? It doesn't appear in any tech tree node (as far as I can see)

I would suggest you write a cfg file to change the "TechRequired = X" line to be "TechRequired = Start" for each part you want to use. I don't think you need to get into putting them all into particular tech nodes to  use them. When you have the tech for the rockets, just assume you would have the tech to build the launchpads that fit them.

Edited by EatVacuum
incomplete

this has almost definitely been asked already, but ill ask it anyway. what happened to the hammerhead crane?

its still in the provided craft file (which is locked), but is literally impossible to find in the VAB. i figured before it was because i was using a dev version of the mod, but now that ive been forced to switch to the official release im surprised to find its still gone. 

14 hours ago, cameronisher3 said:

this has almost definitely been asked already, but ill ask it anyway. what happened to the hammerhead crane?

its still in the provided craft file (which is locked), but is literally impossible to find in the VAB. i figured before it was because i was using a dev version of the mod, but now that ive been forced to switch to the official release im surprised to find its still gone. 

It's there:

3kJcswr.png

The parts are now hidden from the stock Structural category by default; this also hides them from searches unfortunately. Use either the MLP CCK category tab or the stock MKP custom category (shown here, with subcategories) to find the parts.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RichieLH271 said:

Hiya, I'm new to the KSP Community and was wondering whether you were planning to make the launch tower from the Starship Launch Animation to work with the Tundras Exploration version. Thanks :)

Welcome!  

Unfortunately, I have no desire right now to make the Starship-SuperHeavy tower. I don't do things based on rendered animations anyways.

13 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Welcome!  

Unfortunately, I have no desire right now to make the Starship-SuperHeavy tower. I don't do things based on rendered animations anyways.

Ah, ok. Thank you for your response though. Would it be something you would consider making in the future when Starship actually launches, similar to the F9 version of the original Shuttle FSS?

I have been playing around with the BDB Titans lately and I thought I would share two of the launchpads from this mod:

y4ms-_EjRQrPUhNyfl2QG2C41cCM6EZt-4rD93IY

I added the crew access extension because I wanted to get an umbilical over to the Transtage and I couldn't think of another way to do it. 

Below is my Titan III/MOL and the solution for crew access. Has anyone come up with a better way of doing this? The crew access tower seems a bit narrow for this height. With the flame trench close by there isn't a lot of options.

y4mrhR9PC9THYMm3_HyFYm17ZQfid4wOkxwTAJ9O

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I have been playing around with the BDB Titans lately and I thought I would share two of the launchpads from this mod:

I added the crew access extension because I wanted to get an umbilical over to the Transtage and I couldn't think of another way to do it. 

Below is my Titan III/MOL and the solution for crew access. Has anyone come up with a better way of doing this? The crew access tower seems a bit narrow for this height. With the flame trench close by there isn't a lot of options.

Titan is my favorite rocket!

3 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

You have to use the longer droop umbilicals or probably the straight ones on the tower itself to reach the 1.875m tanks. Note that Cobalt actually modeled the Titan III hold-down attachment points, they are those two angled block-like things on the bottom of each SRB. Nothing was on the core, as the SRBs were mounted onto the engine thrust structure attach points. :) 

ceF4M39.png

As for MOL crew access, I have no idea how it would be done, as MOL was cancelled long before even reaching that point. Also, the SLC-40 and 41 pads in Tundra's Space Center are not the original Titan III ITL versions, so the layout is different

I have a problem where for example I attach an Atlas SLV rocket to its corresponding launch platform but when I stage, the platform doesn't decouples and it gets kinda stuck. Only the .craft files work fine. What can I do?

Edit: Merry Christmas btw

Edited by computercat04

2 hours ago, computercat04 said:

I have a problem where for example I attach an Atlas SLV rocket to its corresponding launch platform but when I stage, the platform doesn't decouples and it gets kinda stuck. Only the .craft files work fine. What can I do?

You had the launch stand as the root part. Launch clamps won't work if they are the root part. :)

Best to build the rocket normally from the top down, adding the stand or base last.

Edited by AlphaMensae

7 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

I currently have the alpha dev from  20-08-07 installed, and I really want this new update, do I need to update my craft files or will they still work?

Yes, some will have to be updated as there were additional changes to already completed parts after that date.