[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

4 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

You probably have Modular Launch Pads incorrectly installed, as the nodes should be present to the left of the start.

Or, you probably do have a mod conflict. Only the stock tree, Community Tech Tree (just addons to the stock one) and UnKerballed Start tree are supported. You might have some other mod that alters where mod parts go in unknown ways.

Also, dependuing on what changes have been done in newer KSP versions, new tech tree nodes may not show up if they were added after starting a new career.

I mean, I installed it through CKAN, which didn't (and still doesn't) show any conflicts.

14 hours ago, Silvia Dragoness said:

my crazy mod setup

welp, you weren't kidding about that part. It looks to me like MLP is installed fine.  Hopefully someone will see something. The only thing that stands out to me (as in, I don't have it and it sounds related) is 002_CommunityPartsTitles. But the MM cache file shows MLP parts being processed. Are the parts showing up in the VAB? If you open the gutter on the left where the subassemblies are, there's supposed to be an icon there for MLP, with a bunch of subcategories.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

welp, you weren't kidding about that part. It looks to me like MLP is installed fine.  Hopefully someone will see something. The only thing that stands out to me (as in, I don't have it and it sounds related) is 002_CommunityPartsTitles. But the MM cache file shows MLP parts being processed. Are the parts showing up in the VAB? If you open the gutter on the left where the subassemblies are, there's supposed to be an icon there for MLP, with a bunch of subcategories.

The ones that are in existing tech nodes are there.  The ones in MLP's new tech nodes are not, presumably because I haven't (and can't) unlocked them.

3 hours ago, Silvia Dragoness said:

The ones in MLP's new tech nodes are not, presumably because I haven't (and can't) unlocked them.

Not that this is any help, but here's my tech tree with no contract or tree modifications, just a ton of part mods. The MLP nodes are over there in science mode whether I've unlocked them or not, just like normal nodes on the right.

Spoiler

WStYZsi.png

46 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Not that this is any help, but here's my tech tree with no contract or tree modifications, just a ton of part mods. The MLP nodes are over there in science mode whether I've unlocked them or not, just like normal nodes on the right.

Hide contents

WStYZsi.png

To clarify:  I have the MLP filter in the VAB/SPH; at present, it only contains the MLP parts that go in pre-existing tech nodes. 

The MLP parts that go into the new MLP-created tech nodes are absent from the tech tree entirely; this means I cannot unlock them, and by extension, they are not listed in the VAB/SPH parts list at all.

Just now, Silvia Dragoness said:

To clarify:  I have the MLP filter in the VAB/SPH; at present, it only contains the MLP parts that go in pre-existing tech nodes. 

The MLP parts that go into the new MLP-created tech nodes are absent from the tech tree entirely; this means I cannot unlock them, and by extension, they are not listed in the VAB/SPH parts list at all.

You must have some mod screwing around with the MLP parts and tech tree nodes then.  You only have the Mount Platform since that is the one part that doesn't have the "AM_MLP_" prefix in the part name, so something is affecting the ones that do (which is everything else).

Try just a basic KSP install with just MLP and its dependencies, plus Module Manager.

Welp, I got it working--first with a workaround I came up with myself, and then properly.

I decided to try to trim down my mod setup a bit, and in the process I realized I somehow wound up with both Unkerballed Start and Probes Before Crew.  PBC was one of about two dozen mods I got rid of, and now MLP's tech nodes are appearing correctly.

Not sure if MLP breaking was directly a result of PBC, or some weird interaction between PBC and UKS.  I suspect the former, but I can't be arsed to test it.  It's working now, that's about all I care about.

8 hours ago, Silvia Dragoness said:

Not sure if MLP breaking was directly a result of PBC, or some weird interaction between PBC and UKS.  I suspect the former, but I can't be arsed to test it.  It's working now, that's about all I care about.

Installing two tech trees will usually give you a bad result.

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior of Mods, CKAN?

42 minutes ago, Silvia Dragoness said:

I'm already a CKAN evangelist.  Somehow, neither UKS and PBC mark the other as conflicting.

Unkerbaled Start and Probes Before Crew is definitely an either/or situation.  They both do basically the same thing.  Its not possible for every single conflicting mod to be flagged correctly in CKAN

3 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Lately my launchpads haven't being fueling up my rockets. It may be related to a different mod, but I wonder if there's anything I can do to change this.

The launch base fuel generators strictly follow crossfeed rules, so they won't fuel anything past a decoupler, unless you temporarily enable crossfeed on decouplers before launch.

16 hours ago, m4ti140 said:

Does anyone else have the issue where using modular launch pads completely throws off delta-V calculations in mechjeb, breaking PVG?

You'd have to ask the Mechjeb PVG users or the RO people about that.

Figure out dV before attaching the launch base, and then make sure it is not the root part.

10 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

The launch base fuel generators strictly follow crossfeed rules, so they won't fuel anything past a decoupler, unless you temporarily enable crossfeed on decouplers before launch.

Hmm, what about the engine plates? It seems the fuel won't go through them.

Fuel pipes, it is.

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Been some time since i last dropped in, Hows the Shuttle Pad Redesign going? 

It's not, and most likely it and everything else isn't going to happen, as I'm done with MLP.  I thought the Delta IV stand would respark the desire, but instead it made me realize that I didn't want to do this anymore.

1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

as I'm done with MLP.

Thank you for everything you've done on this mod over the years. It's an incredible set of parts exactly as it is today. 

Us KSP players can come off as entitled brats sometimes with all the "gimme, gimme" requests, but I hope that enough people have given positive feedback over the years to help offset that. This mod and two or three others are the core of why I was able to stick with KSP, which had tons of positive ripple effects, so I'm eternally grateful that you've shared your hard work and creativity with us and asked nothing in return.

• 2 weeks later...