[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

@TruthfulGnome Just made the freestanding Saturn Base footings toggleable on/off, and the updated .mu and .cfg are on the master branch of the GitHub.

Also made that switch, the elevator switch and the mass switch operable in flight for use with the crawler. 

Also made the default mass 2000t, with the switch to 1t for easier moving.

Shuttle freestanding footings will follow later.

4 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

@TruthfulGnome Just made the freestanding Saturn Base footings toggleable on/off, and the updated .mu and .cfg are on the master branch of the GitHub.

Also made that switch, the elevator switch and the mass switch operable in flight for use with the crawler. 

Also made the default mass 2000t, with the switch to 1t for easier moving.

Shuttle freestanding footings will follow later.

Thank you so much!

I've been trying this on Kerbal Konstructs pads and it seems to have come weird conflicts with some of the launchpads. Sometimes my rocket explodes and spazzes out and rips itself to pieces before it all explodes. This picture is the aftermath of one such incident, is it a terrain conflict or what? https://imgur.com/a/Euj0Ajf

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great mod, makes launches look so much better. For some reason I seem to be having a problem with the vanguard launch stand - it was working and now it just causes the vanguard rocket (all bdb parts) to explode on launch. I'm sure it's me doing something stupid but I cannot figure it out!

On 6/22/2022 at 9:21 AM, JonnySpace said:

This is a great mod, makes launches look so much better. For some reason I seem to be having a problem with the vanguard launch stand - it was working and now it just causes the vanguard rocket (all bdb parts) to explode on launch. I'm sure it's me doing something stupid but I cannot figure it out!

Finally got around to testing it, and works fine for me.  I use the MLP BDB Vanguard craft file.  Make sure you use autostruts, the launch stand goes to the root, everything else use grandfather part.

After many delays, I finally got around to completing the new General Mini Launch Base.  More so than the Micro size base, this one has the new modeling method that will be used in the revamp of the existing General Bases:

The stretchy columns of the launch clamp structure are no longer the main support columns/footings. They've been replaced with 2 micro-sized versions stuck in two of the walls.

The actual "supports" will be either wheels or fixed footings.

New solid-style walls with a custom texture for the bigger meshes. The hollow-type walls will be going away.

The decks and exhaust holes are being remade. Much less size options for the larger bases with little or no overlap. The Mini base has a 2.5m wide hole, either square or rectangle shape.

Less structural details on top, and the rainbirds will be toggleable off/on.

The new Mini Base, mobile platform style with wheels and no rainbirds:

Py55PzI.png

4NlqhhB.png

With the fixed footings and rainbirds:

aN1fNKq.png

To complement the new Micro General Launch Base, there is the new Micro size General Strongback Tower.  It's just a single slim tapered blovk tower, as I had room for it on the General Strongback textures, and one height of 15m. The upper clamp and umbilicals are the same from the Mini size strongback tower. Slim enough to fit on the Micro Base:

gvn8P0o.png

3jN4y3y.png

sqER9OU.png 

56 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

So much for being done with this mod, I guess...

Not that I'm complaining.

As I had mentioned, it was the replicas that burned me out.  The general bases are freeform style, no poring over images and trying to recreate a mass of details. Here I just make stuff up. :) 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:16 AM, AlphaMensae said:

As I had mentioned, it was the replicas that burned me out.  The general bases are freeform style, no poring over images and trying to recreate a mass of details. Here I just make stuff up. :) 

Replicas are overrated, make some of the most batexcrements insane launchpads  if you wanna. I wanna see stuff that don't exist :D

The new Micro and Mini General Launch Bases and the Micro General Strongback Tower are now on the master branch of the Github. Custom category .cfg was also updated.

I've also started the revamp of the Small General Base, and ended up trashing the whole thing...a complete rebuild. :D 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Thatguywholikesionengines said:

I'm curious if an Atlas V crew tower (for Starliner and other things) could be kitbashed out of the mod's parts as-is... If not, consider it a low priority - What with how delayed CFT-1 is :P

Yes, you can with the Large General Crew Elevator and the Large Elevator Side Extension. It won't be an exact replica, but something like it.

If you watch EJ_SA on Twitch, then you probably know LupiDragon. Lupi made a stock Atlas V-alike to carry a mini shuttle in a fairing, and requested something to help make the Starliner elevator. The side extension was the result; it can be used to make that tower extension on which the crew arm is mounted.

1 hour ago, RiccRacc said:

Hey issue where the screen goes black when i launch from the pad oonce i decouple from the pad the screen is black

the hud is there and everything but cant see anything this is only with MLP and stock or fasa stuff works fine

Most likely cause is aiming the camera at an animated part before launching, that causes the screen to go black. Aim the camera at something on the rocket or the launch base/stand.

39 minutes ago, RiccRacc said:

just tried this and it didint help ive used the mod before but this is a new install

I think MAS (MOARdv's Avionics Systems) has problems withe some of the crew arms and crew elevators having crew capacity and the stock generic IVA, so if you have that and some set of patches that adds it to everything with an IVA, it causes the screen to go black as well.

Otherwise, everything works fine with just Modular Launch Pads and itss dependencies installed.

2 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

I think MAS (MOARdv's Avionics Systems) has problems withe some of the crew arms and crew elevators having crew capacity and the stock generic IVA, so if you have that and some set of patches that adds it to everything with an IVA, it causes the screen to go black as well.

Otherwise, everything works fine with just Modular Launch Pads and itss dependencies installed.

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! I have been encountering this issue for a few weeks, and it was seriously perplexing. I didn't even make the connection that it started happening after I installed Reviva and MAS since I didn't do crewed missions right away. I wrote a very simple MM patch to remove all MAS Flight Computers from MLP parts, and no more black screens. In case anyone would find it useful:

// Removes MOARdv's Avionics Systems from Modular Launch Pads IVA spaces
@PART[AM_MLP*]:HAS[@MODULE[MASFlightComputer]]:FINAL
{
    !MODULE[MASFlightComputer] {}
}

15 minutes ago, Zelda said:

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! I have been encountering this issue for a few weeks, and it was seriously perplexing. I didn't even make the connection that it started happening after I installed Reviva and MAS since I didn't do crewed missions right away. I wrote a very simple MM patch to remove all MAS Flight Computers from MLP parts, and no more black screens. In case anyone would find it useful:

{
}

I don't use MAS, and was alerted to the problem by other people who did. I'll include this patch in MLP itself to prevent that problem from happening.

5 hours ago, Zelda said:

{
}

where do i put this patch

also i assume i would have it as a .cfg