[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

3 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

where do i put this patch

also i assume i would have it as a .cfg

Yes, as a .cfg, and anywhere in GameData will work, but if you want to remember where it is, then maybe in the MAS or MLP folder, or make a custom folder called "My Patches" or something.

On 7/30/2022 at 7:09 AM, AlphaMensae said:

Yes, as a .cfg, and anywhere in GameData will work, but if you want to remember where it is, then maybe in the MAS or MLP folder, or make a custom folder called "My Patches" or something.

patch works thanks alot

13 hours ago, Sampa said:

So, I encountered an interesting bug, not sure if it is coming from this mod's end or not:  

You have an old version of MLP mixed in with the newest one, with duplicate .cfgs that have the same name but are different. The Saturn Tower general swing arm no longer has fixed length variants, and KSP loads the first of the duplicate parts it comes across.

Always delete the entire ModularLaunchPads folder before updating to a newer version.  CKAN doesn't do this, so watch out for it.

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Is there a way to prevent these parts from being used in rescue contracts? Most of the time, I get some launch tower floating in space as my target, which is, you know, kinda weird :D

You can write a MM patch to remove the crew capacity from the arms and elevator towers that have it.

Or use this (no idea if it works in KSP 1.12 but it seems it should):

5 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

You can write a MM patch to remove the crew capacity from the arms and elevator towers that have it.

Or use this (no idea if it works in KSP 1.12 but it seems it should):

Nah, I like the parts to have crew capacity. CKAN (search for Rescue Pod Fix!) says the mod is compatible with 1.12, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the hint!

Also, I really enjoy the micro launch base! Is it going to be officially released soon or are you still working on something? The only thing that's bugging me is that the micro strongback tower is double the height of the mini strongback tower ;)  Maybe there'll be a shorter version of the micro tower? I guess it fits the Electron rocket from Dodo Labs. I use it for Tundra Exploration's Mothra (i.e. Falcon 1), though, which is shorter.

3 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Nah, I like the parts to have crew capacity. CKAN (search for Rescue Pod Fix!) says the mod is compatible with 1.12, so I'll give it a try. Thanks for the hint!

Also, I really enjoy the micro launch base! Is it going to be officially released soon or are you still working on something? The only thing that's bugging me is that the micro strongback tower is double the height of the mini strongback tower ;)  Maybe there'll be a shorter version of the micro tower? I guess it fits the Electron rocket from Dodo Labs. I use it for Tundra Exploration's Mothra (i.e. Falcon 1), though, which is shorter.

It's "micro" based on its width, as it's narrow enough to fit on the new Micro General Launch Stand. Won't be any height variants, as it's a tapered structure, and yes, it was sized to fit the Electron.

Won't be a release for quite a while, as I got bored and am doing other non-KSP things.

4 hours ago, obnox twin said:

I am wondering is there any guide that can help me make crew elevators for my rockets as I am confused on what to do

This should get you an idea: 

What's important to understand is that the elevator sits in the base, but the car is initially somewhere high up. You adjust the height when you're done building your tower and know the height you need. Check out the other videos on the channel, especially the newest one about elevator hatches: while you can just put a Kerbal on the platform and send it up and down, Kerbals keep to sink into it and then get bumped back up, but sometimes they just fall through, or the Kraken might eat you. That's what the hatches are for.

Yeah, I wouldn't actually use the elevator cars the normal way, as the KSP anchoring system has broken them.  Use the hatches instead.

I'm probably going to disable the elevator cars for that reason, most likely by putting a full collider wall in front to prevent access.

Edited by AlphaMensae

8 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Does this only affect Kerbals or other parts as well? I was thinking of using some elevators for unloading cargo from ships, so I'd prefer it not to explode...

It affects anything placed on the ground or another part; Squad's attempt to keep things from sliding around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@AlphaMensae There might be a minor bug with the General Service Tower Medium Section. When the section height is set to 10m the top node stays at the 7.5m position, rather than at the top of the section.

Heights 2.5m, 5.0, and 7.5 are all good, just the 10m height variant seems to have the issue. I also checked the small and large towers and they don't have the problem either.

If you have any trouble replicating it let me know and I'll do more tests on my end, try reinstalling, provide logs, etc.

A few days ago I used a simple base plate for a small early rocket and as I wanted to launch there was kinda Kraken.
I went to VAB, loaded it and picked the plate to remove it as I had no interest in Kraken - and there was another one at exactly the same position; both glitched into each other...
I didn't see it before as there was no z-fighting or similar obvious hints.

How can there be two of it? I just placed it from the VAB catalogue, I did not clone any part.

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...

I get the strangest bug with MLP on 1.12.3. Every single launchpad (seemingly anyway, I haven't counted all of them) loads in my VAB whenever I enter it, whether if I get there by editing a vehicle via KCT or if I just go in from the KSC. If I load a vehicle from KCT, the rocket shows up along with all of the MLP parts. The quick fix for me is just adding a part and clicking the new craft button (I believe this works on a load as well after the part is added). It acts as if the MLP parts are the supposed to be loaded by default. I don't know what mod conflict that may be causing this issue, aside from the Craft Manager. There was an Untitled Craft  .craft file in my save game craft files but removing it didn't fix it. It only does this with the MLP parts. I can provide .log files if needed but figured I'd show a pic first and see if anyone has seen anything similar in their modded games? At first it did it with a premade launcher (not sure which one it was, it was before I invested much science in the MLP tree). Ignore the craft name in the screenshot, it just seems to keep the latest loaded craft as the name (with a different description). It occurs even without the MLP .craft files in the game, strangely enough. I'm almost tempted to launch it and see what happens lol

My "Untitled Craft" VAB editor

• 3 weeks later...