[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

On 1/17/2023 at 1:45 AM, TruthfulGnome said:

The SRB hole is too small so you have to move the pad way too far down which makes the Orbiter too high for the Tail Service Mounts to reach it

is that why the shuttle wont leave the pad sometimes being held down by some force around the srbs 

Hi, longtime user of MLP here.  First off, thank you for developing and maintaining this mod - it's easily one of my favorite mods of all time.

I'm interested in using MLP's part assets in Unreal Engine 5 for a cinematic.  UE5 doesn't have a .mu importer, so I'm curious if the base 3d models for MLP's parts are available anywhere.  So far, I've been exploring using the .mu import/export plugin for Blender to get these assets out of .mu and into standard 3d model formats, but the workflow is very time-consuming and buggy, so I figured that I'd ask here, as it could save me a lot of time and bugfixing :D.  Thank you!

On 1/20/2023 at 3:33 PM, Entropian said:

Hi, longtime user of MLP here.  First off, thank you for developing and maintaining this mod - it's easily one of my favorite mods of all time.

I'm interested in using MLP's part assets in Unreal Engine 5 for a cinematic.  UE5 doesn't have a .mu importer, so I'm curious if the base 3d models for MLP's parts are available anywhere.  So far, I've been exploring using the .mu import/export plugin for Blender to get these assets out of .mu and into standard 3d model formats, but the workflow is very time-consuming and buggy, so I figured that I'd ask here, as it could save me a lot of time and bugfixing :D.  Thank you!

No, they are not available, and are not suitable for any use outside of KSP.

45 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

A note: the Soyuz pad doesn't work with the N1 rocket. Not without clipping into it. I'll use this rocket to rescue Kerbals from Slate.

The Soyuz base was designed for...wait for it...the Soyuz!  Nothing else. Why are you putting an N1 in there?  There is an N1 Launch Plate.

7 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

Also for some reason every time I launch the game, a new, identical custom category spawns. 

Go to GameData/Squad/PartList and delete the custom category .cfg you'll find there. It can be inadvertently created, and when it is, KSP pulls all custom category definitions into it, causing duplicate icons to appear.

8 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

And what about the N1 launch tower? I'll use the Saturn 5 tower as a substitute for now.

Not going to be one, as I have no desire to make it.  It would require a custom Kerbal Konstructs pad static, and since the gantry was pre-flight only (it was rotated away before launch), a simple animated KK static would suffice. Most of the Soviet/Russian stuff is just too incompatible with the US mobile platform style that Modular Launch Pads uses.

3 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Well, I'm also curious if you're ever going to make a Jet Bridge for planes and SSTOs. 

No, that's way beyond the scope of MLP, and besides, that's also way better done in Kerbal Konstructs. Might be something like that floating around, maybe in Kerbinside, or I think JadeOfMaar might have did some for JNSQ.

Edited by AlphaMensae

41 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

Any mod recommendations for KSP jet bridges and SSTO service trucks?

Also I meant for one that you attach directly to the plane, not one that's part of the airport.

Don't know about jet bridges like that, but the mod Grounded has modular stockalike vehicles all directly based on those seen in the Vab, and it has the parts for a stairway boarding truck.

34 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

After searching on CKAN, Unfortunately it is incompatible with 1.12

It is, the mod is just stockalike parts, will work in just about any KSP version. CKAN is just dumb when it comes to KSP versions, it doesn't know that. Just go to the Compatible Versions in Settings and check 1.8 and above. Most mods from 1.8 and up work just fine in 1.12.x.  There are a few exceptions, like Kopernicus and Kerbal Konstructs.

45 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

any eta on the release of the updated version?

There isn't any eta.  New stuff gets put on the Master on the Github as I complete them, which is whenever I feel like it.  The revised droop umbilicals are on there now.  Been preparing to build a new PC, so haven't worked on MLP for over 2 weeks, and don't know when I'll continue.