[1.8.1-1.12.x] Modular Launch Pads v2.6.1: Launch clamps evolved: Real-style launch bases and towers [03 July 2023]

AlphaMensae

4 minutes ago, AlphaMensae said:

The Saturn mobile launcher base requires an insert that goes into the large rectangular opening; it has all the extra accessory nodes.  With the current release version, there's a square and rectangular version. The v2 dev version only has one multi-configurable insert.

I didn't notice there was an option on the insert to toggle the nodes. I figured it out, thanks.

39 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

I didn't notice there was an option on the insert to toggle the nodes. I figured it out, thanks.

Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that...the nodes are off by default to avoid node spam when attaching it to the base.

42 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Hey Alpha, love the pads. How do you connect stuff to the shuttle pad? Also are the pads compatible with Engine ignitor?  

Well, you can surface-attach things to the platform and tower.

Aside from the main node to attach the shuttle ET or other rocket, the other nodes are for attaching the other shuttle pad parts, like the Tail Service Masts, SRB hold-downs and the FSS base; the nodes have their orientation reversed to prevent confusion when attaching the ET.

As for Engine Ignitor, I haven't used it and so have no idea if the pads are compatible with it or what it would take to make them so.  I'm just concentrating on making the pad parts right now, extra stuff like that I'll leave to others. :)

1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

Well, you can surface-attach things to the platform and tower.

Aside from the main node to attach the shuttle ET or other rocket, the other nodes are for attaching the other shuttle pad parts, like the Tail Service Masts, SRB hold-downs and the FSS base; the nodes have their orientation reversed to prevent confusion when attaching the ET.

I will have another look at it once I get home but I couldn't attach to anything except the srb to the middle point 

1 hour ago, AlphaMensae said:

As for Engine Ignitor, I haven't used it and so have no idea if the pads are compatible with it or what it would take to make them so.  I'm just concentrating on making the pad parts right now, extra stuff like that I'll leave to others. :)

I will see what is needed to be done to allow this, I was have a heck of a time last night and even when I put a clamp on the shuttle all that happened was the OMS pods fell off, no engine ignition 

3 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

I will have another look at it once I get home but I couldn't attach to anything except the srb to the middle point 

Yeah, the center node is the only one that can be attached to rocket or other parts; all the other nodes are for my pad parts only.

Mercury crew elevator is working!

It ended being more like the Atlas elevator, with the upward-rotating crew walkway, but does roll back like the Redstone one. 

Some details still need to be added, like short railings to the walkway. :)

1 minute ago, AlphaMensae said:

Yeah, the center node is the only one that can be attached to rocket or other parts; all the other nodes are for my pad parts only.

So that is what the new node on the CA ET for? Could you work on supporting Redirect Tanks please, thats what i currently have on my shuttle and it cant be attached 

1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

So that is what the new node on the CA ET for? Could you work on supporting Redirect Tanks please, thats what i currently have on my shuttle and it cant be attached 

Yep, that's what the included patch does, adds a large node to the CA ET.

I'll make a ReDirect patch too.

1 minute ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Got it, thanks

Also, use mirror symmetry with them, not radial.

Same with the tail service masts.

@xD-FireStriker

As an interim patch, here's a patch to add a size  5 node to the reDIRECT Jupiter engine mount.

Copy this into a text editor and save it with a .cfg extension somewhere in the KSP GameData folder:

@PART[DIRECT_jupiter_engineMount]:NEEDS[reDIRECT]
{
        node_stack_bottom02 = 0.0, -5.43, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 5

}

Edited by AlphaMensae

5 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Also, use mirror symmetry with them, not radial.

Same with the tail service masts.

@xD-FireStriker

As an interim patch, here's a patch to add a size  5 node to the reDIRECT Jupiter engine mount.

Copy this into a text editor and save it with a .cfg extension somewhere in the KSP GameData folder:

@PART[DIRECT_jupiter_engineMount]:NEEDS[reDIRECT]
{

}

i just wiped this up so i can use the Redirect STS tank

@PART[DIRECT_STS_tank}:NEEDS[reDIRECT]
{

@bulkheadProfiles = size3, size5, srf

}

32 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

i just wiped this up so i can use the Redirect STS tank

{

@bulkheadProfiles = size3, size5, srf

}

That didnt work so im now trying 

{

}

Nope, no luck. 
Maybe this time ? 

{
    node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -5.43, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 5

@bulkheadProfiles = size4, size5, srf
}
@PART[DIRECT_STS_tank_stack}:NEEDS[reDIRECT]
{

}

One of the 2 tanks are bound to work 

Edited by xD-FireStriker

6 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Nope, no luck. 
Maybe this time ? 

{
    node_stack_bottom01 = 0.0, -5.43, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 5

}
@PART[DIRECT_STS_tank_stack}:NEEDS[reDIRECT]
{

}

One of the 2 tanks are bound to work 

If you're adding the node to the tank, you have to take into account its height and the engine mount that goes on the bottom.  The node needs a (-) Y-axis value (values are in meters) large enough to clear the bottom of the engine mount, otherwise it will be hidden inside the parts.

That's why I used the engine mount; the -5.43 came from the CA tank patch and should be sufficient to clear the botom of the mount and the engines that go onto it. :) 

Ok, took a screenshot:

he5VyB4.png

The reDIRECT main tank is a bit longer than the CA shuttle ET, and with the engine mount on would mostly hide the added node.

With the node added to the engine mount, there's plenty of clearance.

If you want the node on the tank, make the Y value -6.5 at the minimum, make it -8 or greater to clear the engines when attached as well.

Edited by AlphaMensae

9 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

If you're adding the node to the tank, you have to take into account its height and the engine mount that goes on the bottom.  The node needs a (-) Y-axis value (values are in meters) large enough to clear the bottom of the engine mount, otherwise it will be hidden inside the parts.

That's why I used the engine mount; the -5.43 came from the CA tank patch and should be sufficient to clear the botom of the mount and the engines that go onto it. :) 

Ok, took a screenshot:

he5VyB4.png

The reDIRECT main tank is a bit longer than the CA shuttle ET, and with the engine mount on would mostly hide the added node.

With the node added to the engine mount, there's plenty of clearance.

If you want the node on the tank, make the Y value -6.5 at the minimum, make it -8 or greater to clear the engines when attached as well.

Thanks, after playing KSP for many years since 0.21 and an hopeless tank mod for 0.22 I'm starting to learn how to mod ksp  

Out of curiosity what does the @bulkheadProfiles line do? 

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Thanks, after playing KSP for many years since 0.21 and an hopeless tank mod for 0.22 I'm starting to learn how to mod ksp  

Out of curiosity what does the @bulkheadProfiles line do? 

You're welcome! :) 

I think bulkhead profiles are the drag and strebght settings and such for the given node size, but not entirely sure about that.  It's optional too.

Mercury crew elevator is just about done:

The Tier 2 tower is now on the Github, along with some revised .cfg files

4vjajma.png

Also now in the Github is a revised umbilical with an additional color option (black) and a switchable mount type, either short for the Tier 1 towers or long (on a beam) for the Tier 2 tower (so it extends past the platforms).

KkySoyj.png

But btw, I found this in the log whatsoever:

InvalidOperationException: Texture AmStand04 not found!
  at B9PartSwitch.TextureSwitchInfo+<CreateTextureReplacements>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.TextureReplacement].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.TextureReplacement].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.FindTextureReplacements () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:FindTextureReplacements()
B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch)
B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes()
B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnStart(StartState)
Part:ModulesOnStart()
<Start>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edited by Gordon Dry

Just updated everything and booted up, already in main menu I get a lot of B9PartSwitch exceptions about Modular Launch Pads parts.

Example:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'AlphaDev/v2_Saturn/Saturn-Launcher-Milkstool-New/SaturnMilkstoolRemake'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Warning on PartSubtype Red on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='textureSwitch') on part SaturnMilkstoolRemake: Exception while initializing a texture replacment:

InvalidOperationException: Texture PanelLarge not found!
  at B9PartSwitch.TextureSwitchInfo+<CreateTextureReplacements>d__8.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.TextureReplacement].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[B9PartSwitch.TextureReplacement].AddRange (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.FindTextureReplacements () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnLoadPrefab(ConfigNode)
B9PartSwitch.CustomPartModule:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
PartModule:Load(ConfigNode)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode, Boolean)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
<CompileParts>c__Iterator1:MoveNext()

Warning on PartSubtype Red on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='textureSwitch') on part SaturnMilkstoolRemake(Clone): Exception while initializing a texture replacment:

B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnAwake()
PartModule:Awake()
UnityEngine.Object:Internal_CloneSingle(Object)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject)
PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)

Warning on PartSubtype Red on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='textureSwitch') on part SaturnMilkstoolRemake(Clone): Exception while initializing a texture replacment:

B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnIconCreate()
PartLoader:CreatePartIcon(GameObject, Single&)

PartLoader: Part 'AlphaDev/v2_Saturn/Saturn-Launcher-Milkstool-New/SaturnMilkstoolRemake' has no database record. Creating.

Warning on PartSubtype Red on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='textureSwitch') on part SaturnMilkstoolRemake(Clone) Drag Rendering Clone: Exception while initializing a texture replacment:

B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnAwake()
PartModule:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
DragCubeSystem:SetupPartForRender(Part, GameObject)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__Iterator2:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto_Internal(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SaturnMilkstoolRemake'

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4zkg4cwqcocrm4/2018-12-01_1 KSP.log and stuff.7z?dl=1

Ok, it turns out I didn't replace the B9PS texture-switch module paths to the new v2_American_Stand folder for most of the American Stand parts.

I've made the needed corrections, and the revised .cfgs are now on the Github.

...this is what happens when you change the folder structure in the middle like this :D

@Gordon Dry There were also lines in the log about the v2 Milkstool....apparently I never changed those texture paths either...or even the texture names....ughhh...concentrated too much on the modeling...cfgs got into a mess...and the v1 Milkstool was a mess of several textures.  That's fixed and on the Github too. :)

Edited by AlphaMensae