Question About Previous Versions

Bersagliere81

Hi there

I stopped playing a couple of years ago because I was waiting for some mods to be updated. Then with new versions and new updates, the wheel started to kick in :D

I need to ask you - Is it possible to install a previous version (say 1.31) using steam, and then making CKAN work for that version? I never tried that and can't see older versions avalaible.

Most important, if all above is possible and finally decide to "upgrade" to 1.41 (due to mods avalaibility), is it possible without loosing the saved games?

Cheers

you can enter the beta branch on steam, I think, to get access to previous versions. No idea about CKAN (I don't know if it always finds version-compatible mods or if it always finds most recently updated).

Save games are easy, just copy the save from the folder before you update and move it over manually. Be warned though, if you update to 1.4, you'll find that some of your parts are being phased out and they'll be gone entirely in future versions. If you have ongoing missions with outdated parts, I'd wrap them up so you don't lose them altogether.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.