The Great War

So, here's the challenge

There is a massive war on Kerbin, you are a citizen of either the Kingdom of East Kerbin or the Republic of West Kerbin, the war starts just as the industrialisation of Kerbal society is finished.

There was a democratic incident between East and West Kerbin, resulting in a full scale war.

You have been asked to work on designs, matching specifications put forth by the governments of both West and East Kerbin

West Kerbin:

Budget: $50000

Currently looking for: Armored Cars, Planes, Ships.

Tech level: 1

Secondary Techs: None

Current vehicles in production: None

East Kerbin:

Budget: $50000

Currently looking for: Armored Cars, Planes, Ships.

Tech level: 1

Secondary Techs: None

Current vehicles in production: None

Rules:

Use common sense, don't use extremely powerful propellers when the tech level is 1.

Don't submit types of designs that are not being looked for by either East or West Kerbin

Name your vehicles with either WK or EK as the first word so I can see what country the designs are for

Tech levels are not exact, if you want to make a revolutionary aircraft or tank, go for it! Just make sure that it isn't utterly absurd (An aircraft with an absurdly fast propeller and reaction wheels at tech level 1)

Post a video of your craft before you submit it for production

Please don't submit expensive vehicles that neither faction can afford, PLEASE.

Include the BDArmory AI part and a weapons manager on every plane, include the weapons manager on every tank, and ship that you submit.

Also, include AirPark on everything, please.

I will post videos of the battles at  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCknkMHv7RecIezjM0-mk1Kg

Here is the mod list:

Filter Extensions

AirPark

AirplanePlus

B9 Aerospace

B9 Part Switch

B9 Animation Modules

BDArmory

BDArmory Weapons Extension

CommunityCategoryKit

EasyVesselSwitch

Firespitter Core

Hangar Extender

JSI

KAS

Kerbal Foundries

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbal Konstructs

KerbinSide Core

KIS

KK to SD

Kopernicus

KSP AVC

KWS  Crashes KSP, removed.

KSC++

Large Boat Parts Pack (WW2)

Infernal Robotics (with the legacy parts)

ModularFlightIntegrator

NKD

PhysicsRangeExtender

Sigma Dimensions

SmokeScreen

Tweakscale

VesselMover

KSPWheel

SM Armory

Module Manager (Of course!)

Hullcam VDS Continued

Take Command Continued

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Finally, the tech levels are displayed here:

Tech levels

Edited by Terra1

3 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

This looks fun! 1 question. Is the budget for everyone, or does each individual person have the full budget to use?

The budget is for everyone, the vehicles will have one produced as a prototype, before a production run, as long as it meets the requirements, the prototype will be scrapped after one battle and will cost half what it says it will cost in the SPH/VAB

Edited by Terra1

I got a single shot cannon for the highest bidder, possibly both sides providing certain, Narn-like terms are met..... hehe - I know it doesn't really do much, and was built in v1.4 but you might enjoy? I also hope to figure out a useful way of mounting this on an aircraft!

Craft:https://kerbalx.com/Andetch/The-Cannon

Edited by Andetch

3 hours ago, Andetch said:

I got a single shot cannon for the highest bidder, possibly both sides providing certain, Narn-like terms are met..... hehe - I know it doesn't really do much, and was built in v1.4 but you might enjoy? I also hope to figure out a useful way of mounting this on an aircraft!

Craft:https://kerbalx.com/Andetch/The-Cannon

You're gonna be up against crafts built with BDArmory, so probably need more combat effective crafts than a single shot cannon, armed with BDArmory weapons and such.

Although, @Terra1 can your computer handle that many mods? What do you mean by Tech Level 1?

Edited by goduranus

Another quick throwtogether

https://kerbalx.com/goduranus/EK-AAV

43 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I already have a Tank Destroyer if you're interested. I don't care what country gets it, I just want money. The war? Phh. Let 'em fight it out. 

https://kerbalx.com/Lo_Var_Lachland/Utility-truck

https://kerbalx.com/Lo_Var_Lachland/Jackal-TD

These two vastly exceeded the cost limit, I think

On 27/03/2018 at 12:35 AM, Terra1 said:

cost half what it says it will cost in the SPH/VAB

This is a weird rule, that I think will confuse a bunch of people. Why not just have vehicles cost what they say in the SPH/VAB? and double the budget if you need to.

Edit: man, air park is needed

Edited by goduranus

13 hours ago, goduranus said:

You're gonna be up against crafts built with BDArmory, so probably need more combat effective crafts than a single shot cannon, armed with BDArmory weapons and such.

Although, @Terra1 can your computer handle that many mods? What do you mean by Tech Level 1?

I can handle that many mods, also, click the link at the bottom of the post.

I think the cluster bomb should be higher on the tech tree, cuz it's really effective. Does it count as bomb with airbrake or no?

What no probe cores until tech 4? Back to the drawing board...

Edited by goduranus

Increased budget for both sides, to make designs better, and also:

wUOlDAf.jpg

Sneak peak at the WK Main Base, first episode of "The Great War" coming out this week (probably later today)

Edited by Terra1

On 3/27/2018 at 8:57 AM, Terra1 said:

Forgot to mention that KWS was removed due to game crashing effects

Hmm, maybe you were using the wrong version? If BDA 1.1 is being used, use 0.1.8.1. If BDA 1.0, then 0.1.8.

-EDIT.  Also, use the github link, not spacedock. The BDA 1.1 version(0.1.8.1) isn't yet on spacedock.

Edited by Guest

On 2-4-2018 at 5:35 PM, Terra1 said:

Increased budget for both sides, to make designs better, and also:

wUOlDAf.jpg

Sneak peak at the WK Main Base, first episode of "The Great War" coming out this week (probably later today)

Wait, isn't that engine a bit too strong for tech level one?
Since by what I've picked up, tech level one is mostly ww1 tech, and that's a B-29 engine, at least i think so.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.