Mods to simulate a Ground Control Station

SSTL_Pete

I'm running an outreach event soon and i was wondering if there were any mods that converted the game to allow multiple players to work together to control and launch a single rocket much like they do in a real mission control centre.

Cheers

Pete

This looks more retro than Telemachus. I try to get the Apollo 60's feel.
I am actively developing this, so any and all suggestions, are massively welcome. :-)

It is at an early stage, but got the basics down.

Edited by Tunefix

18 minutes ago, Tunefix said:

This looks more retro than Telemachus. I try to get the Apollo 60's feel.
I am actively developing this, so any and all suggestions, are massively welcome. :-)

It is at an early stage, but got the basics down.

Tunefix,

Just had a look, looks very good. Where in the world are you based? If in the UK I can organise for you to visit SSTL for real and see how our Spacecraft Operation Centre looks and works.

Something that would be pretty good, would be some sort of Schedule. So you upload a number of commands into a schedule and upload it to the S/C. The S/C then actions the commands in sequence at specified times (dictated by the schedule).

Back end to the mod - a schedule is not actually sent to the S/C, the mod just delays the passing of commands to KSP and only sends set commands). If you then make this compatible with one of the other mods that limits communication (i.e. passing of schedule) to S/C to when only over a ground station you would then make a fairly accurate simulation of what its really like trying to communicate to a satellite.

Cheers

Pete

@SSTL_Pete

I live in Norway.

I really like your idea of a schedule. Should not be that hard to do. (But I have no idea how to make it look 60's. :-) Guess it could just look like a normal computer program.)
Do you have the name of a preferred "Limit Communication"-mod? I have never used one of those, so need to check it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.