[STOCK] 1:1 Sukhoi Su-27S Flanker-B

Sukhoi Su-27S Flanker-B

So I've decided to make another jet replica before finishing off my B-29 and as I wanted an adversary for my F-15C Eagle, this choice seemed only natural. The Flanker was the USSR answer to the incredible performance values the F-15 Eagle achieved. Designed as a pure air superiority fighter, it's designed for dogfighting and neutralizing state-of-the-art aerial threats. The key to it's effectiveness lies primarily in it's high maneuverability, even at low speeds. It's a good match for the Eagle: It is a bit slower in terms of top speed and acceleration at all altitudes while also topping the Eagle slightly in terms of maneuverability. The Flanker was fine-tuned to be relatively similar in performance to the Eagle so I highly encourage to download both the Eagle and the Flanker, slap some Pilot AI on it and put them against each other in a gloves-off dogfight. Have fun flying the Flanker!

MCThgoL.png

H70vDn2.png

rCw7M9a.png

5sz0Cgt.png

pDyS32u.png

KWRy8kV.png

CRAFT LINK:

v1.0 - Initial release.

v1.1 - Wing strakes were smoothed out and flight performance was adjusted and improved to be more realistic.

https://kerbalx.com/EvenFlow/Su-27S-Flanker

Edited by EvenFlow

This is the first production version of the Flanker which uses AL-31F turbojets without thrust vectoring. Variable nozzles were introduced on the Su-30 AFAIK. The tailplanes are indeed all-moving which really wasn't easy to achieve considering there are no stock fins which would both fit the scale and the shape of Flanker's tailplanes. Radar isn't included since this is a pure stock version (I could probably put in a little replica inside though since there is plenty of space in the nosecone, you just gave me a great idea!), but the nosecone fairing can easily house a BD armory radar!

7 hours ago, EvenFlow said:

This is the first production version of the Flanker which uses AL-31F turbojets without thrust vectoring. Variable nozzles were introduced on the Su-30 AFAIK. The tailplanes are indeed all-moving which really wasn't easy to achieve considering there are no stock fins which would both fit the scale and the shape of Flanker's tailplanes. Radar isn't included since this is a pure stock version (I could probably put in a little replica inside though since there is plenty of space in the nosecone, you just gave me a great idea!), but the nosecone fairing can easily house a BD armory radar!

1: You can make your own fully movable tail fins. 2: Joking about the RADaR

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.