Favourite real world Rocket?

7 hours ago, YNM said:

Compared to depressed trajectory ?

After all, that is entirely irrelevant when satellites are factored in. The launch would have been detected, trajectory calculated...

... then comes Titanium Rod.

Depressed trajectory has advantage of short travel time, but much decreased range. You generally have to launch them from submarines off the target's coast.

FOBS's advantage is coming from unexpected direction and having essentially unlimited range.

Yes, today they would be detected, but that doesnt mean you suddenly have ABM interceptors in their path.

1 hour ago, p1t1o said:

Yes, today they would be detected, but that doesnt mean you suddenly have ABM interceptors in their path.

If everyone have FOBS we'll just have a lot of EMPs, due to them crashing each other.

I don't see any reason for WMDs at all.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Space Shuttle. Although it was flawed, it did what it was designed to do (build a space station)

please don’t kill me I’m sorry

Most people who don't like the Shuttle typically only dislike it for the fact that it was a very dangerous and overly complicated machine to keep flying (even when it was working as intended). That doesn't stop it from still being an incredible machine. 

And besides, if you've ever seen one of the Shuttles in person. You can't -NOT- like it. And if you build one in KSP, and really get it flying and doing some work, then you'd be crazy to not feel attached to it lol.

But anyway, my absolute favorite rockets are the ones I've seen launch in person. 

Those being the Ares 1(-X) and the Falcon Heavy. 

But I'm also partial to the Shuttle (obviously) as well as the Saturn V. 

Saturn V. It put us on the moon and looked incredible doing it.

Falcon 9/Heavy. You can't watch an orbital class booster land (in tandem even!) and not feel like this is the herald of a new era of space travel. It's been fifty years since the space industry last felt like it was going somewhere, and this is the rocket that defines new space.

BFR is going to be a very strong contender for the top spot!

Edited by RCgothic

As a EU citizen i can't not love the Ariane 5. But it's also just a pretty great rocket. I love the big SRB's because they make for exciting launches (can't wait to see the first SLS launch) and it is also one of the most reliable launch vehicles in existence. Other than that i really like Atlas 5 and how modular and adaptable it is, and of course the Saturn line of Rockets.

I have a big love for (alas) one of the less reliable launchers ever: Zenit

Particularly in her 3SL variant. She gave me dreams years ago.

p1SzKTL.jpg

As a kid I tend to be crazy of Ariane 4, even more in her 44L configuration (it was my first rocket model ever). She still owns the second place in my heart, followed by Pegasus, Delta II, and Energia.

Edited by XB-70A

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.