Control Issues

A few points of note now I've been playing with the patched release for a while.

1. the GUI 'freezes', typically for half a second to a second. Doesn't seem to be related to the complexity of the craft being controlled, but does get worse as the save library of active missions get larger.

note this is not the game freezing, just the GUI not updating. e.g. you are moving the cursor to the left, the pointer freezes, then jumps to its new location.

Its not game breaking, but it does make fine control awkward when the inputs freeze then get processed after a short delay.

2. in docking mode "rotation" control, either under RCS or reaction wheels do not function, linear controls are fine, but rotation means dropping out of docking mode, and out of "fine" control" mode.

this is more of an irritant than #1

3. again in docking, seems roughly a 50-50 chance of docking working or the docking ports bouncing apart with some force and sending one or both craft spinning. not been able to identify a pattern to what causes this - has caused the abandonment of a couple of missions after a craft has been refuelled once but then the exact same tanker is unable to refuel a second time.

4. have had issues with fuel transfer, its not decouplers or anything specific, just seems occasionally one or two tanks will decide they no longer support fuel transfer, while others on the same vehicle do.

5. Audio glitches with some of the engine sound files 'crackling' (jets and some of the rockets)

6. Difficulty level to inhibit Kerbals re-spawning doesn't appear to work, can disable it and they still re-spawn

7. setting the difficulty level is now more irritating than before, the old presets of "easy" medium" and "hard" combined with "custom" was better than the current "default" or "custom"

There are other irritants, but they appear in the main game as well

• 2 weeks later...

Similar experiences on PS4 Enhanced Edition.

1.  I've noticed the game does notably freeze, not just GUI lag.  The game will autosave every time something changes (reach space, create orbit, circle the orbit, float over a new biome, etc.) and it has no regard for any adjustments I may be making at the time.  This has ruined maneuvers.  This has ruined landings.  This has cost lives.

2.  I have not had any issues switching from "Linear" to "Rotation" while in docking mode, but I do think it is a hassle to not be able to do both.  We have a D-pad, we have a joy stick, we have triggers - let's use these axes!

3.  Also have felt the docking bounce - I believe this may have been an invisible clipping issue.  I have had several docking ports work just fine, but one space station would not connect.  I moved the clamp-o-tron inward slightly for aesthetics and storage, but there were no parts hanging over to touch when docking.  When I rotated the station parts they docked fine on the un-moved clamps.

4.  Fuel transfer is something that needs to be added to the KSPedia or Tutorial missions!  There is no instruction for it on console!  Aside from the difficulties of learning about it from searches, I have also had times where it just didn't work right.  Too much...

A separate issue I've had that relates to the lag and Mission count is that some of my debris will occasionally explode out of the solar system.  I'll clear up the clutter every few missions and sometimes I'll have debris quadrillions of meters away and traveling at millions of meters per second.  And accelerating!  I am certain this has caused processing issues elsewhere in the game.

PS4, Enhanced.

Yes, GUI freezing and jumping frequently. Cursor is sometimes hard to find.

I've been playing Career, and this means that I have many flights in progress. The game is now auto-saving very frequently.

In docking mode it is sometimes a necessity to switch between Linear and Rotation mode quickly, it is now a common occurrence for the modes to not switch easily.

I'm still activating the Trim set at inopportune times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.