[1.8.0] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC-V2 Now available

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.1

• Important Update:  Replaced Unity web calls with HttpWebRequest calls because Unity is not thread safe

Hello,

First of all thank you for the update.

But since the latest update the AVC, it gets stuck like this;

KSP Add-on Version Checker

Checked 56 of 120 add-ons

You can find my log file here https://gofile.io/?c=qAAV3l

While I report this issue I also want to make a note on a couple of more;

1- Regardless of the latest version, if you leave KSP loading by itself and do not click OK or Close button on the error / info boxes as they come along, when you get to the main menu after loading, the first and the one beneath all error boxes is not clickable and it stays in the middle of the screen, even if you load a game, go to any of the Space Center buildings (VAB, RC etc). This is not a gamebreaker and the window can be closed by pressing ESC, but I wanted to let you know.

2- For ages now, there's still a serious warning window popping up regarding the B9 PartSwitch.

The message says;

B9PartSwitch has encountered a serious warning. The game will continue to run but this should be fixed ASAP.

Initialization errors on ModuleB9PartSwitch (ModuleID = 'Mount') on part ht2.trussPort subtype 'Bearing'
No transforms named 'ht2_truss_trussConnectorBearing_colliders' found

I let @blowfish know about this here;

But he/she says; " That should be a warning, not a fatal error... " . Yes it's not a game-breaker, at least not to my knowledge, but having this 'not found' serious warning, constantly popped up, is somewhat disturbing.

So, if it's not an important issue, could it be disregarded by AVC, or is it possible to add an option to "Don't show anymore"?

Would you be kind enough to sort it out with @blowfish please?

5 hours ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

But since the latest update the AVC, it gets stuck like this;

KSP Add-on Version Checker

Checked 56 of 120 add-ons

While I report this issue I also want to make a note on a couple of more;

1- Regardless of the latest version, if you leave KSP loading by itself and do not click OK or Close button on the error / info boxes as they come along, when you get to the main menu after loading, the first and the one beneath all error boxes is not clickable and it stays in the middle of the screen, even if you load a game, go to any of the Space Center buildings (VAB, RC etc). This is not a gamebreaker and the window can be closed by pressing ESC, but I wanted to let you know.

Ok, I'm a bit puzzled.   First you say it hangs, and then you say it eventually gets to the main menu.    Please explain this.

I let @blowfish know about this here;

But he/she says; " That should be a warning, not a fatal error... " . Yes it's not a game-breaker, at least not to my knowledge, but having this 'not found' serious warning, constantly popped up, is somewhat disturbing.

So, if it's not an important issue, could it be disregarded by AVC, or is it possible to add an option to "Don't show anymore"?

Repeating what @blowfish says:

"Nothing to do with AVC"

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

I had a similar problem but with another addon, just revert AVC to previous version and the fatal error disappear, and all passed to work again.

[EXC 08:46:18.056] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inheritedOnly) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LogAggregatorWorker.Awake () (at <43925e5df7384f65ae8becc1a75e2d03>:0)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>d__89:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CreateDatabase>d__70:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

Cheers.

Edited by pmborg

Just now, pmborg said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer,

I had a similar problem but with another addon, just revert AVC to previous version and the fatal error disappear, and all passed to work again.

[EXC 08:46:18.056] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
    System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inheritedOnly) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, System.Boolean inherit) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.LogAggregatorWorker.Awake () (at <43925e5df7384f65ae8becc1a75e2d03>:0)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>d__89:MoveNext()
    <CreateDatabase>d__70:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

Cheers.

Complete log file, please

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Complete log file, please

Unfortunately I don't have the that file log any more, just that piece that I saved to my self as know-problem (how to solve it), once I reverted back AVC.

I can re-create again the problem, give me some minutes

2 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Unfortunately I don't have the that file log any more, just that piece that I saved to my self as know-problem (how to solve it), once I reverted back AVC.

I can re-create again the problem, give me some minutes

I need the Player.log, not the KSP.log

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your problem is in Kopernicus

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

yes only appear in AVC 1.4.1, I believe that is something related with the link used by AVC to check the release, when that link don't exist any more, or don't exist yet , that probably might happen only for development releases?

Was easy to replicate the scenario, after update AVC from 1.4.0.3 to 1.4.1  I will pack it now.

rVUwu1o.png

8JqWz5Y.png

n0n0eFO.png

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1pff091i8y1hcp/output_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua4q56y9hesinzf/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by pmborg

Hi

I'm having the same problem, version checker gets stuck, started happening with 1.4.1

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Um3gLXGhFXAXhC4ZSeiVYwl_8lS3HPk/view?usp=sharing

I see error like this don't know if it's related

[ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers

Thanks for your time and contributions!

1 hour ago, Slipstreamable said:

Hi

I'm having the same problem, version checker gets stuck, started happening with 1.4.1

Log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Um3gLXGhFXAXhC4ZSeiVYwl_8lS3HPk/view?usp=sharing

I see error like this don't know if it's related

[ERR 17:57:12.950] ADDON BINDER: Cannot resolve assembly: KSP-AVC.XmlSerializers

Thanks for your time and contributions!

According to Dr. Google, those are normal and ok.

1 hour ago, pmborg said:
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

yes only appear in AVC 1.4.1, I believe that is something related with the link used by AVC to check the release, when that link don't exist any more, or don't exist yet , that probably might happen only for development releases?

Kopernicus is not updated for 1.8.1.  I will be looking into AVC, but I can't troubleshoot anything with an unreleased mod.

The pics you posted look ok.  I'll look into why the "checking ##/##" isn't going away

Reverting to the previous version is useless, it wasn't functioning at all, so just remove it for now

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'm a bit puzzled.   First you say it hangs, and then you say it eventually gets to the main menu.    Please explain this.

Repeating what @blowfish says:

"Nothing to do with AVC"

It's not game nor loading which hangs, it's the AVC info window hanging at the half, as @pmborg posted here.

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

n0n0eFO.png

1 minute ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

It's not game nor loading which hangs, it's the AVC info window hanging at the half, as @pmborg posted here.

As I acknowledged here:

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll look into why the "checking ##/##" isn't going away

1 hour ago, Slipstreamable said:

7 minutes ago, Problemless Mods Wanter said:

it's the AVC info window hanging at the half,

Please try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8w605xl0gz9mki/KSP-AVC-1.4.1.1.zip?dl=0

I shortened the timeout on HttpWebRequest from 100 to 10 seconds

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As I acknowledged here:

Please try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8w605xl0gz9mki/KSP-AVC-1.4.1.1.zip?dl=0

I shortened the timeout on HttpWebRequest from 100 to 10 seconds

Hello,

Yes the fix worked, thank you for your fast support!

EjHsVp2.png

QNM7LcA.png

Edited by pmborg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting a ton of debug spews on MiniAVC, a bunch of error spews followed by an endless loop of NREs that continues as long as I play.

I know that the other errors are an issue, and I will examine them, but it should not hit NREs, and should absolutely not spam them.

I also noticed that the first dll found alphabetically is being loaded, not the newest version.

Here is a small snippet of the NRE that keeps repeating.  I can post a whole log to github or pastebin if you want.

[Exception 04:24:37.0676660]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MiniAVC.AddonInfo.get_IsKspExcludedVersion () [0x00000] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0
  at MiniAVC.IssueGui.DrawNotCompatible () [0x00030] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0
  at MiniAVC.IssueGui.Window (System.Int32 id) [0x00006] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0

Edited by Ruedii
Notes about other errors and some odd things I noticed

Thanks for the quick release @linuxgurugamer. However, when testing 1.4.1.2 I'm now seeing the same hangs as was reported above. AVC will stop after checking some number of add-ons. In my fully modded game, it was always around 52 of 68. If I use a vanilla 1.8.1 install with only AVC 1.4.1.2, it hangs checking 0 of 1.

I uploaded KSP.log and KSP-AVC.log for both the vanilla+AVC and modded installs here

The logs seem to indicate it's actually checking now, but something else is subsequently causing issues.

Edited by salajander

On 12/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, salajander said:

Thanks for the quick release @linuxgurugamer. However, when testing 1.4.1.2 I'm now seeing the same hangs as was reported above. AVC will stop after checking some number of add-ons. In my fully modded game, it was always around 52 of 68. If I use a vanilla 1.8.1 install with only AVC 1.4.1.2, it hangs checking 0 of 1.

I uploaded KSP.log and KSP-AVC.log for both the vanilla+AVC and modded installs here

The logs seem to indicate it's actually checking now, but something else is subsequently causing issues.

That's odd, because I'm testing it with 195 mods, and it does get through all of them.

On 12/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, salajander said:

Does it actually reach the main menu?  I'm thinking that maybe it gets to the main menu too fast, and the thread is orphaned.

Problem with that scenario is that with my 195 mods, it gets to the main menu and continues to look for mod info and eventually completes

Edit:  Well, running it without any mods, seems to trigger the issue, so at least I have something to test with

Edited by linuxgurugamer

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Does it actually reach the main menu?  I'm thinking that maybe it gets to the main menu too fast, and the thread is orphaned.

Problem with that scenario is that with my 195 mods, it gets to the main menu and continues to look for mod info and eventually completes

It gets to the main menu. From there, I can start the game and the checking dialog goes away.

I set up vanilla 1.8.1, and made a folder in GameData and put in 68 `.version` files from my main install. On launch, it checks up to about 27 of 68 before the main menu loads, then counter shows 47 and then 54 of 68, then stops completely.

If it's useful, here's a screen capture of this vanilla startup:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNNdA-HB7IZIhUylGT3YnuQQY7Csvht2

(You may need to download to view, google's not done processing it for streaming).

Also I'm still seeing the issue with ksp.spacetux.net URLs returning very old information. KSP-AVC is claiming 1.2.0.7 is current:

$ curl http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/KSP-AVC
{
  "NAME": "KSP-AVC Plugin",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/KSP-AVC",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "KSPAddonVersionChecker"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 0,
    "BUILD": 7
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MINOR": 5,
    "PATCH": 1
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MINOR": 5,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

(I'm assuming ksp.spacetux.net isn't relying on UserAgent strings or other data to serve different results to different versions of KSP?)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.