[1.8.0] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC-V2 Now available

linuxgurugamer

22 minutes ago, toric5 said:

in other words, arch is at it again.

I wouldn't necessarily blame Arch, though; it's just as likely to be a Unity bug that a glibc upgrade has exposed.  That sort of thing happens sometimes — I remember a prominent instance years ago where a glibc change broke a bunch of programs (notably, the Adobe Flash player) that were inadvertently relying on an implementation quirk in the "memcpy" function that wasn't guaranteed by the C standard.  The change in glibc was entirely legitimate and not a bug, and the programs that broke had really been buggy all along; they just happened to work anyway until glibc changed the thing they'd been wrongly relying on.  Might be something similar here with the "getaddrinfo" function.

Anyway, not to derail the thread: AVC seems to be fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Updated KSP AVC via CKAN in a KSP 1.12.2 game and received this error on first start.   I don't think you need a log file but if so https://www.dropbox.com/s/c11408a70vn3mki/KSP.log?dl=0.

ORcV8jc.jpg

That's really strange.  According to the log file, you have version 1.4.1 installed, it's up to 1.4.1.6

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's really strange.  According to the log file, you have version 1.4.1 installed, it's up to 1.4.1.6

Agreed

eI7XbTs.jpg

Edit 1:  The install dates for these two (not shown in the image), are both 20 Oct 21 11:00

Edited by Brigadier
Edit 1

13 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Agreed

eI7XbTs.jpg

Edit 1:  The install dates for these two (not shown in the image), are both 20 Oct 21 11:00

oh, something is off.  For now, remove it and reinstall it, I'm not seeing the message on my test system.  But it isn't reporting the correct version in the log file, I'll have to fix that

I take that back, you do have 1.4.1.6 installed, I was looking at the wrong line

Let me know how it goes after the reinstall

Removed KSP-AVC via CKAN, which flagged the AVC directory contents as not having been installed by CKAN previously.   I let CKAN remove the folders and contents, and verified in the GameData folder than no KSP-AVC directory existed.  Reinstalled via CKAN and launched KSP from CKAN (thus avoiding running the wrong version of KSP :rolleyes:).  Noted the dialog that stated AVC 1.4.1.6 had been installed.

After attempting this process twice, just to be sure, I'm still suffering from the same problem.

Edited by Brigadier
double negative

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Removed KSP-AVC via CKAN, which flagged the AVC directory contents as not having been installed by CKAN previously.   I let CKAN remove the folders and contents, and verified in the GameData folder than no KSP-AVC directory existed.  Reinstalled via CKAN and launched KSP from CKAN (thus avoiding running the wrong version of KSP :rolleyes:).  Noted the dialog that stated AVC 1.4.1.6 had been installed.

After attempting this process twice, just to be sure, I'm still suffering from the same problem.

Strange.

‘ Please verify that there isn’t a KSP-AVC.dll in the GameData, also, please reinstall the ZeroMiniAvc

you can ignore the message, but I’ll see if I can recreate it sonehow.

oh, and see if you can delete it from the CKAN cache dir.

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please verify that there isn’t a KSP-AVC.dll in the GameData, also, please reinstall the ZeroMiniAvc

I have two game installs, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2.  There exists one copy of AVC in each install under KSP-AVC\Plugins, and one copy under ZeroMiniAVC\Plugins but only in the 1.12.2 game.   Reinstalling ZeroMiniAVC doesn't remove that copy of KSP-AVC.dll.  Should I manually delete that latter copy?

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

you can ignore the message, but I’ll see if I can recreate it sonehow.

Roger.

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

see if you can delete it from the CKAN cache dir.

ZeroMiniAVC didn't exist in the cache.  Lots of old KSP-AVC versions in the cache, so I deleted them all.

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I have two game installs, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2.  There exists one copy of AVC in each install under KSP-AVC\Plugins, and one copy under ZeroMiniAVC\Plugins but only in the 1.12.2 game.   Reinstalling ZeroMiniAVC doesn't remove that copy of KSP-AVC.dll.  Should I manually delete that latter copy?

No need to do that

ZeroMiniAVC has an internal dummy copy  of KSP-AVC, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a bad version somewhere

After doing the removal of the KSP-aVC from the cache and reinstalling, did that change anything?  

Edited by linuxgurugamer

18 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Would the "dummy" DLL set off the other one's install checker?

no, it shouldn't.  And I tested with both installed

This can be ignored, I will be doing some more work over the weekend.  If nothing else, i suppose I could just remove it

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.1.7

• Version bump to verify locations

@Brigadierplease try this

I receive the same error with fresh 1.4.1.7 - deleted old folder, installed the new. Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye0j7mbn2thqypq/Player_log_KSPAVCinstall.log?dl=0

21 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I receive the same error with fresh 1.4.1.7 - deleted old folder, installed the new. Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye0j7mbn2thqypq/Player_log_KSPAVCinstall.log?dl=0

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Updated via CKAN.  Sorry, no change.  Error remains.

Could both of you zip up your KSP-AVC directory and send it to me?

Include the ZeroMiniAVC in the same file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Still no clue.  As a final test, could both of you manually remove the ZeroMiniAVC directory from the GameData and see if that makes any difference?

I was just able to reproduce it, so give me a little time to figure it out

Edit: I've identified the problem, will be able to get a fix out soon.

Thank you for your patience

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 months later...

@linuxgurugamer Sorry if this has been asked/discussed already... I went back thru *some* of thread, and couldnt find any relevant posts.

I guess this would be a feature request, and if anyone has input on it, plaease also pipe up :P

Possible to add in over-rides/version compatability for mods, that *do* have updates, but for the *same* version of KSP?

ie a mod that *is* current for current KSP, but has an update for the same KSP version, *but* I dont want to update, *but* I dont want to keep getting nagged with an "update available" notice everytime I restart...
It looks like you *cant* add the mod to the compatability list, *unless* its for a *different* version of installed KSP.

ie say I have a mod, "AAA", which  I want to use in conjuction with a certain, supported mod "BBB".... however "BBB" is version locked, which then means "AAA" is *also* version locked by "BBB", when used together. SO even tho there are newer updates to "AAA", I cant update it because new versions wont support "BBB"... So I can over-ride "BBB" for an older version of KSP, but I cant add "AAA" to the over-ride list, because it *is* already compatable with installed KSP... Make sense?

Basically, I want to be able to over-ride *any* mod I want, for whatever reason.

LGG,  if you think this is a valid request, lmk, and I can request it on the repo if you dont want to look into it now.. vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.