Jump to content

[1.8.0] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC-V2 Now available


Recommended Posts

@linuxgurugamer Tested 1.4.1.3 and things seem to be working now! Thanks so much. I now have 4 mods listed that have updates! Thanks again for sorting this out, and for all your work.

As I mentioned above, I am still seeing old information coming from ksp.spacetux.com, however, which I think may be hiding other updates.

For example, KSP-AVC is claiming 1.2.0.7 is current:

$ curl http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/KSP-AVC
{
  "NAME": "KSP-AVC Plugin",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/KSP-AVC",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSPAddonVersionChecker/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "KSPAddonVersionChecker"
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 0,
    "BUILD": 7
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 5,
    "PATCH": 1
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 5,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

I manually changed the KSP-AVC.version file in my GameData/KSP-AVC directory to claim it was version 1.4.0.0, but was not prompted for an update to 1.4.1.3. I haven't manually verified all the data that ksp.spacetux.com is serving, so I'm not sure how widespread this is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, salajander said:

@linuxgurugamer Tested 1.4.1.3 and things seem to be working now! Thanks so much. I now have 4 mods listed that have updates! Thanks again for sorting this out, and for all your work.

@linuxgurugamer, Same for me.  I started having the issue with 'xx out of xx' window not finishing and remaining stuck on my screen with 1.4.1.2. The 1.4.1.3 release seems to have fixed it.  Thank you for the hasty fix and thank you for all your work on this and other mods!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated ksp.spacetux.net which hosts all my mod's version files, they should be up-to-date now

I've been having a problem with a daemon not properly getting the info from github, I'm working on replacing it tomorrow

Also, for anyone who might be interested, I'll be doing an all-day stream tomorrow, morning modding, afternoon playing the game

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 4:28 AM, Ruedii said:

I also noticed that the first dll found alphabetically is being loaded, not the newest version.

Note for @Ruedii , I believe that's how KSP works - unless the DLL has special logic?  

Anyway, I'm seeing the same exception as Ruedii -- in AddonInfo.IsKspExcludedVersion().  Somehow there's a NRE in there.

(I say "somehow" because I was looking at the wong AddonInfo.cs in the KSP-APC folder.  I found the NRE in MiniAVC and submitted a PR.)

 

Edited by WuphonsReach
notes about the PR
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldnt KSP-AVC be version checking itself? :P
Just started up KSP 1.8.1 w/KSP-AVC v1.4.0.1 installed, and it shows green, and nothing stating there's a newer version.

Sorry if I've pointed out/asked about this before... seems I vauguely remember having this issue before, and possibly posting about it?... vOv Googley search using mod title and my user name didnt bring any of my KSP-AVC posts up on this topic... vOv

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Shouldnt KSP-AVC be version checking itself? :P
Just started up KSP 1.8.1 w/KSP-AVC v1.4.0.1 installed, and it shows green, and nothing stating there's a newer version.

Sorry if I've pointed out/asked about this before... seems I vauguely remember having this issue before, and possibly posting about it?... vOv Googley search using mod title and my user name didnt bring any of my KSP-AVC posts up on this topic... vOv

Yeah, as I mentioned in my post above, something is up with ksp.spacetux.net and it's serving up very old version information. I believe it's on @linuxgurugamer's looooooooong list of stuff to have a look at.

Also, some older builds of AVC were simply not checking at all due to timeout issues, though I think your version wasn't affected? I've lost track of what works somewhat and what's broken.

The current build of AVC is working well, though - it's successfully checking and offering downloads for any mods that have URLs that are reporting correct version information.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, salajander said:

Yeah, as I mentioned in my post above, something is up with ksp.spacetux.net and it's serving up very old version information. I believe it's on @linuxgurugamer's looooooooong list of stuff to have a look at.

Also, some older builds of AVC were simply not checking at all due to timeout issues, though I think your version wasn't affected? I've lost track of what works somewhat and what's broken.

The current build of AVC is working well, though - it's successfully checking and offering downloads for any mods that have URLs that are reporting correct version information.

Due to a broken server, I have to manually update ksp.spacetux.net.  I hope to have that fixed by this weekend.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, WuphonsReach said:

Note for @Ruedii , I believe that's how KSP works - unless the DLL has special logic?  

Anyway, I'm seeing the same exception as Ruedii -- in AddonInfo.IsKspExcludedVersion().  Somehow there's a NRE in there.

(I say "somehow" because I was looking at the wong AddonInfo.cs in the KSP-APC folder.  I found the NRE in MiniAVC and submitted a PR.)

 

I've merged in a PR which fixes that, I will probably get that out tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites

Important

New Release

  • Thanks to Github user @WuphonsReach for this:
    • Add null check in MiniAVC for kspExcludeVersions
    • Report which configPath was not found
  • Removed threading from full AVC, was not working properly with HTTPWebRequest
  • Added checks for null or empty changelog to avoid exception with empty changelog
  • Cleaned up error logging, no need to exception for a web error
  • Moved log into Logs directory for full KSP-AVC
  • Removed all threading from MiniAVC
  • Converted UnityWebRequest to HTTPWebRequest in MiniAVC

MiniAVC has not yet been released on Github, doing some more testing on it.

The previous release of KSP-AVC was not properly accessing the web resources properly, causing many pages to fail silently.  This release fixes that.

Please let me know of any issues 

When MiniAVC is ready, I'll probably be releasing it as MiniAVC-2, since the previous one has been problematic for a while.  I'll also update ZeroMiniAVC to deal with it as well at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, WuphonsReach said:

Note for @Ruedii , I believe that's how KSP works - unless the DLL has special logic?  

Anyway, I'm seeing the same exception as Ruedii -- in AddonInfo.IsKspExcludedVersion().  Somehow there's a NRE in there.

(I say "somehow" because I was looking at the wong AddonInfo.cs in the KSP-APC folder.  I found the NRE in MiniAVC and submitted a PR.)

 

Yes.   There are ways around this, though.

Namely, MiniAVC can be moved to it's own directory to avoid this sort of issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Question:

Install_LOC - all good - but what if you have a mod that installs two folders in GameData or one in GameData and another in say Ships?

normally it looks like this:

    },
    "INSTALL_LOC" :
    {
        "NAME" :          "SimpleConstruction",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "SimpleConstruction"
    }
}

but SimpleConstruction! installs two folders:

  1. ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads
  2. SimpleConstruction

would it then be:

    },
    "INSTALL_LOC" :
    {
        "NAME" :          "SimpleConstruction",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "SimpleConstruction"
        "NAME" :          "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads"
    }
}

thank you in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Install_LOC - all good - but what if you have a mod that installs two folders in GameData or one in GameData and another in say Ships?

normally it looks like this:

    },
    "INSTALL_LOC" :
    {
        "NAME" :          "SimpleConstruction",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "SimpleConstruction"
    }
}

 

Brace yourself, this is mildly horrifying. Where "INSTALL_LOC" could have taken an array of objects like

"INSTALL_LOC": [
    { "NAME": "..." },
    { "NAME": "..." }
]

... and been all good, instead it looks for additional separate single-object properties with a numerical suffix, a la "INSTALL_LOC_1":

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSP_Install_Validator

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Brace yourself, this is mildly horrifying. Where "INSTALL_LOC" could have taken an array of objects like

"INSTALL_LOC": [
    { "NAME": "..." },
    { "NAME": "..." }
]

... and been all good, instead it looks for additional separate single-object properties with a numerical suffix, a la "INSTALL_LOC_1":

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSP_Install_Validator

I was looking for that url!

+2 :rep:!

thank you.

so something like this (proving I read the link)

    },
    "INSTALL_LOC_SC" :
    {
        "NAME" :          "SimpleConstruction",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "SimpleConstruction"
    },
    "INSTALL_LOC_EC" :
    {
        "NAME" :          "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads",
        "DIRECTORY" :     "ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads"
    }
}

so how would I have it install say into KSP/Ships/? (am thinking of including a @Kottabos style sample ship.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

so how would I have it install say into KSP/Ships/? (am thinking of including a @Kottabos style sample ship.)

Good question. Maybe "PATH": "Ships" ? The documentation for PATH is "Path to the directory, begins below the GameData", which might mean this is what it's for? Hard to say based on the poor examples given.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Good question. Maybe "PATH": "Ships" ? The documentation for PATH is "Path to the directory, begins below the GameData", which might mean this is what it's for? Hard to say based on the poor examples given.

that is what I am thinking. thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 12/16/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ruedii said:

I'm getting a ton of debug spews on MiniAVC, a bunch of error spews followed by an endless loop of NREs that continues as long as I play.

I know that the other errors are an issue, and I will examine them, but it should not hit NREs, and should absolutely not spam them.

I also noticed that the first dll found alphabetically is being loaded, not the newest version.

Here is a small snippet of the NRE that keeps repeating.  I can post a whole log to github or pastebin if you want.

[Exception 04:24:37.0676660]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at MiniAVC.AddonInfo.get_IsKspExcludedVersion () [0x00000] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0
  at MiniAVC.IssueGui.DrawNotCompatible () [0x00030] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0
  at MiniAVC.IssueGui.Window (System.Int32 id) [0x00006] in <946c68c810554a77bc35cab54adcb678>:0
	

Hi,

does noone else get this?I
have the exact same on my 1.9.1 install...

 

Edit:
Nevermind, was an old SETI-Plugin using old AVC dll

 

Edited by Speadge
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 4:59 AM, Speadge said:

Hi,

does noone else get this?I
have the exact same on my 1.9.1 install...

 

Edit:
Nevermind, was an old SETI-Plugin using old AVC dll

 

All the more reason to simply install the full KSP AVC for consistency, and Zero MiniAVC to kill all of the competing mini versions you may not even know you have.

Oh, BTW, CKAN shows KSP AVC 1.4.1.4 is max version 1.8.1 compatible, is it OK with 1.9.1?  I suspect so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

All the more reason to simply install the full KSP AVC for consistency, and Zero MiniAVC to kill all of the competing mini versions you may not even know you have.

Oh, BTW, CKAN shows KSP AVC 1.4.1.4 is max version 1.8.1 compatible, is it OK with 1.9.1?  I suspect so.

yop, 1.4.1.4 works fine with ksp 1.9.1 - but good idea to go for the full version

Edited by Speadge
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Speadge said:

yop, 1.4.1.4 works fine with ksp 1.9.1 - but good idea to go for the full version

There is a reason that MiniAVC is not used anymore, it broke with the 1.8 update, and while I was able to fix it, the hassle of having a broken version in so many mods wasn’t worth it, which is why I now recommend  ZeroMiniAVC 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There is a reason that MiniAVC is not used anymore, it broke with the 1.8 update, and while I was able to fix it, the hassle of having a broken version in so many mods wasn’t worth it, which is why I now recommend  ZeroMiniAVC 

do u mean "zero miniavc", or is "zerominiavc" another mod to disable miniavc or sth?

sadly i couldnt find any tips / recommendations from ypur side in the first post, which is why i have to collect all my infos on my own after coming back to ksp after > 15 month :(

 

Thanks for your time anyway!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Speadge said:

do u mean "zero miniavc", or is "zerominiavc" another mod to disable miniavc or sth?

sadly i couldnt find any tips / recommendations from ypur side in the first post, which is why i have to collect all my infos on my own after coming back to ksp after > 15 month :(

 

Thanks for your time anyway!

Mod called ZeroMiniAVC

Goggle it, I'm  on a phone right now.

And I'll get the OP updated later today

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im getting a hard crash with AVC installed. KSP.log doesnt contain any errors, I only see errors in unitys player.log, where it gives 10 stack frames after the crash. Was finally able to narrow it down to AVC, happens with or without zerominiavc.

Using linux, latest stable kernel. I think this showed up after a system update, dont remember exactly what libraries were updated though.

log

Edited by toric5
Link to post
Share on other sites

anyway to deal with ghost update aside manually update version file? I meant, if the dev push an update then delete it, ksp avc still think it's here. E.g your warp drive mods

Edited by ssd21345
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 1:47 PM, toric5 said:

Im getting a hard crash with AVC installed. KSP.log doesnt contain any errors, I only see errors in unitys player.log, where it gives 10 stack frames after the crash. Was finally able to narrow it down to AVC, happens with or without zerominiavc.

Using linux, latest stable kernel. I think this showed up after a system update, dont remember exactly what libraries were updated though.

log

I play KSP in Debian and I haven't had any problems with AVC.

The stack trace in your log indicates that the crash occurred in glibc while trying to do a DNS lookup, which means it's not an AVC bug, and probably not even a KSP bug; it's either a glibc bug, or a Unity bug in how it calls glibc's getaddrinfo function.  AVC is just the thing trying to make network connections that necessitate DNS lookups.

I tried to reproduce your problem by running KSP (with AVC installed) with my computer disconnected from the network, and with it connected to the network but with an empty /etc/resolv.conf (so DNS lookups fail), but in both cases the game started without problems.  So whatever's happening to you, it may be something specific to your system or the version of glibc you have installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

I play KSP in Debian and I haven't had any problems with AVC.

The stack trace in your log indicates that the crash occurred in glibc while trying to do a DNS lookup, which means it's not an AVC bug, and probably not even a KSP bug; it's either a glibc bug, or a Unity bug in how it calls glibc's getaddrinfo function.  AVC is just the thing trying to make network connections that necessitate DNS lookups.

I tried to reproduce your problem by running KSP (with AVC installed) with my computer disconnected from the network, and with it connected to the network but with an empty /etc/resolv.conf (so DNS lookups fail), but in both cases the game started without problems.  So whatever's happening to you, it may be something specific to your system or the version of glibc you have installed.

in other words, arch is at it again. bet you if i re-install it (several kernel updates and I think an update to glibc since then) I will work fine...

Arch, I love you... most of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...