Jump to content

[1.8.0] KSP-AVC Add-on Version Checker Plugin - MiniAVC-V2 Now available


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, toric5 said:

in other words, arch is at it again.

I wouldn't necessarily blame Arch, though; it's just as likely to be a Unity bug that a glibc upgrade has exposed.  That sort of thing happens sometimes — I remember a prominent instance years ago where a glibc change broke a bunch of programs (notably, the Adobe Flash player) that were inadvertently relying on an implementation quirk in the "memcpy" function that wasn't guaranteed by the C standard.  The change in glibc was entirely legitimate and not a bug, and the programs that broke had really been buggy all along; they just happened to work anyway until glibc changed the thing they'd been wrongly relying on.  Might be something similar here with the "getaddrinfo" function.

Anyway, not to derail the thread: AVC seems to be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Updated KSP AVC via CKAN in a KSP 1.12.2 game and received this error on first start.   I don't think you need a log file but if so https://www.dropbox.com/s/c11408a70vn3mki/KSP.log?dl=0.

ORcV8jc.jpg

That's really strange.  According to the log file, you have version 1.4.1 installed, it's up to 1.4.1.6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's really strange.  According to the log file, you have version 1.4.1 installed, it's up to 1.4.1.6

Agreed

eI7XbTs.jpg

Edit 1:  The install dates for these two (not shown in the image), are both 20 Oct 21 11:00

Edited by Brigadier
Edit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Agreed

eI7XbTs.jpg

Edit 1:  The install dates for these two (not shown in the image), are both 20 Oct 21 11:00

oh, something is off.  For now, remove it and reinstall it, I'm not seeing the message on my test system.  But it isn't reporting the correct version in the log file, I'll have to fix that

I take that back, you do have 1.4.1.6 installed, I was looking at the wrong line

Let me know how it goes after the reinstall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Removed KSP-AVC via CKAN, which flagged the AVC directory contents as not having been installed by CKAN previously.   I let CKAN remove the folders and contents, and verified in the GameData folder than no KSP-AVC directory existed.  Reinstalled via CKAN and launched KSP from CKAN (thus avoiding running the wrong version of KSP :rolleyes:).  Noted the dialog that stated AVC 1.4.1.6 had been installed.

After attempting this process twice, just to be sure, I'm still suffering from the same problem.

Edited by Brigadier
double negative
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Removed KSP-AVC via CKAN, which flagged the AVC directory contents as not having been installed by CKAN previously.   I let CKAN remove the folders and contents, and verified in the GameData folder than no KSP-AVC directory existed.  Reinstalled via CKAN and launched KSP from CKAN (thus avoiding running the wrong version of KSP :rolleyes:).  Noted the dialog that stated AVC 1.4.1.6 had been installed.

After attempting this process twice, just to be sure, I'm still suffering from the same problem.

Strange.

‘ Please verify that there isn’t a KSP-AVC.dll in the GameData, also, please reinstall the ZeroMiniAvc

you can ignore the message, but I’ll see if I can recreate it sonehow.

oh, and see if you can delete it from the CKAN cache dir.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please verify that there isn’t a KSP-AVC.dll in the GameData, also, please reinstall the ZeroMiniAvc

I have two game installs, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2.  There exists one copy of AVC in each install under KSP-AVC\Plugins, and one copy under ZeroMiniAVC\Plugins but only in the 1.12.2 game.   Reinstalling ZeroMiniAVC doesn't remove that copy of KSP-AVC.dll.  Should I manually delete that latter copy?

 

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

you can ignore the message, but I’ll see if I can recreate it sonehow.

Roger.

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

see if you can delete it from the CKAN cache dir.

ZeroMiniAVC didn't exist in the cache.  Lots of old KSP-AVC versions in the cache, so I deleted them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I have two game installs, 1.11.2 and 1.12.2.  There exists one copy of AVC in each install under KSP-AVC\Plugins, and one copy under ZeroMiniAVC\Plugins but only in the 1.12.2 game.   Reinstalling ZeroMiniAVC doesn't remove that copy of KSP-AVC.dll.  Should I manually delete that latter copy?

No need to do that

ZeroMiniAVC has an internal dummy copy  of KSP-AVC, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't a bad version somewhere

After doing the removal of the KSP-aVC from the cache and reinstalling, did that change anything?  

 

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

After doing the removal of the KSP-aVC from the cache and reinstalling, did that change anything?  

No, unfortunately the error still occurs.

Thanks for your support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Brigadier said:

one copy under ZeroMiniAVC\Plugins but only in the 1.12.2 game

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

ZeroMiniAVC has an internal dummy copy  of KSP-AVC

Would the "dummy" DLL set off the other one's install checker?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Would the "dummy" DLL set off the other one's install checker?

no, it shouldn't.  And I tested with both installed

This can be ignored, I will be doing some more work over the weekend.  If nothing else, i suppose I could just remove it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.1.7

  • Version bump to verify locations
     

@Brigadierplease try this

I receive the same error with fresh 1.4.1.7 - deleted old folder, installed the new. Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye0j7mbn2thqypq/Player_log_KSPAVCinstall.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I receive the same error with fresh 1.4.1.7 - deleted old folder, installed the new. Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ye0j7mbn2thqypq/Player_log_KSPAVCinstall.log?dl=0

 

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Updated via CKAN.  Sorry, no change.  Error remains.

Could both of you zip up your KSP-AVC directory and send it to me?

Include the ZeroMiniAVC in the same file, please

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

 

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

 

Still no clue.  As a final test, could both of you manually remove the ZeroMiniAVC directory from the GameData and see if that makes any difference?

I was just able to reproduce it, so give me a little time to figure it out

 

Edit: I've identified the problem, will be able to get a fix out soon.

 

Thank you for your patience

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...