[1.12.x PlanetShine 0.2.6.6, Feb 22, 2022

Papa_Joe

6 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

Sorry, been relocating from the southeast United States to the northwest.  I just got my rig set back up, so I will take a look over the forum threads and get caught up. 

Take your time. Real life always trumps modding! Glad the move went well.

On 4/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, Papa_Joe said:

I feel like I've missed part of a conversation.  I'm not sure how this relates to planetshine...  

I would need a log (which will tell me what mods you have installed, and steps to reproduce.  Altitude, velocity, etc might help.  but even with that info I'm at a loss as to how planetshine would cause an issue.  

Have you tried to reproduce the issue with and without planetshine installed?

On 4/20/2018 at 7:28 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

Distant Object Enhancement has a sky dimming option. I think that may be what Mr Dry is talking about. Maybe he could look at the settings for that mod. 

I'm sure I mentioned it here because disabling the dynamic sky dimming didn't change this behavior:

Looking up at night after launch
MZONWkH.png

OyhPimx.png

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I'm sure I mentioned it here because disabling the dynamic sky dimming didn't change this behavior:

Looking up at night after launch
MZONWkH.png

OyhPimx.png

I read that post as well.  Unfortunately you did not mention that you had toggled the sky dimming option.  However, even with that said, I still do not have sufficient information.  Based on that statement, it is certainly possible that there is a mod conflict going on, but it would but up to you to determine the conditions whereby it occurs.  For example, have you tried to test under the same conditions with PlanetShine removed and does it change the behavior?  have you tried disabling the shine in advanced settings to see if that affects the outcome?

My general rule is to follow the standard troubleshooting steps described in the sticky at the beginning of the Addons forum.  IF, after that you still have the issue, I expect a log, complete steps to reliably reproduce the problem and any other information that would help me characterize the problem.  You can best help me by taking these steps.  I cannot possibly test for every known (unknown) condition with all the mods out there that exist.  The combinations are nearly infinite.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Is this still being developed?

Not really, sorry, maybe I will continue developing it again if my health and life situation improves.

It should be quite trivial to update for 1.5 though, if @Papa_Joe doesn't I might do it next week.

Edited by Valerian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, iceolator88 said:

Hi :) 

How to get it work for 1.6? I don’t find any links to the last version :( 

This mod is already working in 1.6.1, just drop it into your game data folder like normal. Ignor the wrong version warning during the game's loading screen, it works fine. 

25 minutes ago, Errol said:

This mod is already working in 1.6.1, just drop it into your game data folder like normal. Ignor the wrong version warning during the game's loading screen, it works fine. 

Yep it’s what I m doing but no effect in game And I don’t have the planet shine icône on the toolbar 

that’s what i’m downloading https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ksp-planetshine/releases/tag/0.2.6.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.