Piloting Cessna in X-Plane 11?

Pawelk198604

I have Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition and i Bought recently Flight Simulator World from dovetail 

But xplane is completely different i just bought and paid a lot money for it

I might need to buy only canned food but i will have good flying, i LOVE AVIATION i hope i once day will have real PPL (Private Pilot License) or even ATPL license 

I hope that one day i become real pilot, that is the plan, and my dream :) 

You need to taxi toward the gate and then request clearance to taxi. If you are going to fly iIFR you need to be at some reference point. Normally its a gate. 

You file the flight plan at the gate, then they will pass you off to ground clearance, once you get to the runway's apron they will hand you to the tower, then you request clearance to take off. From there you wait until you are cleared to take off. 

For VFR you probably will have a VFR runway, many US airports do not allow VFR, so choose a smaller airport, tune into local traffic and use traffic and visuals to determine when to take off. In general if the runway has ILS navigation frequency then its for IFR. Also pay attention to you airspace VFR may be allowed only at certain altitudes and forbidden innsome airspaces. 

26 minutes ago, YNM said:

Missed opportunity.

For reference, this is real-world flying (well, it's not textbook-perfect execution) :

We were listening in on the Duxford tower whilst a police helicopter was transiting the ATZ. Tower called the helo to warn him of two Me109's overtaking him on his starboard side. Cue much "wish I'd brought my camera" and "are they yellow nosed b******ds".

31 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

We were listening in on the Duxford tower...

... And I mistook it for Dunsfold, I wanted to ask "how's top gear" until I noticed it's not it XD

32 minutes ago, dangerhamster said:

... Two Me109's overtaking him... "are they yellow nosed b******ds".

To be honest, would have been an unwelcome sight 8 decades ago XD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.