Flat Planets mod? - C4D question

korniton

Hey, I think the round planets and stars is really unrealistic. Is anyone able to make a flat planets mod pack for the flat Earth theory? 

Also, Im kiding, but would be nice.

Another question I have. Can you make models with C4d (Cinema 4d) for KSP?

Thanks everyone

39 minutes ago, korniton said:

Hey, I think the round planets and stars is really unrealistic. Is anyone able to make a flat planets mod pack for the flat Earth theory? 

You're not the first to ask/suggest/request this. And you'll probably won't be the last. The answer is, was and always will be the same: NO!

In real life flat earth is total BS because physics just doesn't work that way. And since KSP is a real world physics simulation it too will not work.
It might be posible to create something that simulates flat earth but it would require a total re-write of the core mechanics. It would no longer be KSP.

7 hours ago, korniton said:

Another question I have. Can you make models with C4d (Cinema 4d) for KSP?

Thanks everyone

No it's physically impossible with the KSP engine. KSP will always render its planets as spheres, with height maps added on. 

Also, yes you can use C4D as long as it can export to obj or something. You will still need unity though.

20 minutes ago, Dankgum said:

Also, yes you can use C4D as long as it can export to obj or something. You will still need unity though.

So C4D is ok. I guess I´ll start making some parts with solidworks and C4D. Just need to know how to make em work in the end.

Anything special I have to look for while making assets?

2 hours ago, korniton said:

So C4D is ok. I guess I´ll start making some parts with solidworks and C4D. Just need to know how to make em work in the end.

Anything special I have to look for while making assets?

Keep your poly count low. A high poly count can consume lots of RAM and cause lags. Also, low poly models are easier to texture. Additionally, you should make your models with a 1m cylinder. This means you can have different sized versions of it (like 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, etc) without having to make different models.

You could make a really big planet and have only a small portion of that be the actual flat earth. I'm also thinking if its possible to use Kerbal Konstructs to make a giant dome as to keep the people in the flat earth from going around the planet and finding that its not flat.

10 hours ago, Dankgum said:

Keep your poly count low. A high poly count can consume lots of RAM and cause lags. Also, low poly models are easier to texture. Additionally, you should make your models with a 1m cylinder. This means you can have different sized versions of it (like 1.25m, 2.5m, 3.75m, etc) without having to make different models.

Thank you for the infio. I will do my best :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.