Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 is live!

UomoCapra

17 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* The truss sections of the 5m fairing and accompanying nodes are now scaled correctly.

It would appear this somehow led to this in 1.4.2 DLC.  The 5m fairing base is now over 5 meters in diameter, outsizing the 5m parts and resulting in gaps between the fairing panels:

5m%20Fairing%20broken_zps7x3r1bmf.png

This is a fresh clean install of v1.4.2 64-bit Windows KSP with the new DLC version 1.1.0 installed.  Grabbed a new tank and a new fairing base, so this wasn't part of any imported craft file or anything.

EDIT: Issue has been posted to the bugtracker with [1.4.2] text in the title to clarify.

Edited by Raptor9
2nd edit for grammer (sigh)

5 minutes ago, Sam Hall said:

Nope, thrust's still off-center. Cheetah too.

I didn't notice that when i messed with it...

Are you sure your KSP updated? Steam lies about that sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Placebo funny, something that appears to be funny without actually being funny, but still is, and isn't ...

Stop. My mind is already spaghettified rn. 

It would appear this somehow lead to this in 1.4.2 DLC.  The 5m fairing base is now over 5 meters in diameter, outsizing the 5m parts and resulting in gaps between the fairing panels:

5m%20Fairing%20broken_zps7x3r1bmf.png

This is a fresh clean install of v1.4.2 64-bit Windows KSP with the new DLC version 1.1.0 installed.  Grabbed a new tank and a new fairing base, so this wasn't part of any imported craft file or anything.

That..

Doesn't look good..... 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

49 minutes ago, Sam Hall said:

Indeed, it appears only the visual model being offcenter was corrected.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Such as?

A bunch of the stuff I posted I checked real quick, they didnt make the patch.  I count at least 7. 

Haven't tried many other's observations yet.

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

The 5m fairing base is now over 5 meters in diameter, outsizing the 5m parts and resulting in gaps between the fairing panels:

Yup, can confirm same.

0EjQbds.png

Edited by klesh

1 minute ago, Mark Kerbin said:

I didn't notice that when i messed with it...

Are you sure your KSP updated? Steam lies about that sometimes.

I'm not on Steam, i just download the .zip from the store page. Says 1.4.2.2110 on the title screen. And here, look:

gD5MUyL.png

That's me not touching the controls at all. Look how hard SAS has to yaw to try and keep that thing headed in a straight line. I think they set up their thrust vector in the unity editor by just kind of eyeballing it instead of actually looking at the numbers and seeing that it was really centered and zeroed.

41 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please don't.  The last time someone tried, they released a broken version.

I'll get this updated first, this evening.

It may appear to work, but things may be off.  I STRONGLY suggest you don't edit the version file of EEX, and just be patient and wait a few hours

This guy... The KERBAL HERO! Must have  KERBAL HALL of FAME just for him. :wink: thanx for the help with mods :)

7 minutes ago, Sam Hall said:

I'm not on Steam, i just download the .zip from the store page. Says 1.4.2.2110 on the title screen. And here, look:

gD5MUyL.png

That's me not touching the controls at all. Look how hard SAS has to yaw to try and keep that thing headed in a straight line. I think they set up their thrust vector in the unity editor by just kind of eyeballing it instead of actually looking at the numbers and seeing that it was really centered and zeroed.

Interesting. Ill have a look in my steam version.

[EDIT] @Sam Hall You are correct. They engine is still off center... In another direction

@SQUAD you kinda sorta might have over corrected. Guess Ill have to rotate the engines on Jeb's merry-go-round. 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

Just now, Redneck said:

no option to revert back to 1.4.1 in steam. This needs to be fixed until modders can update their mods

Give them a few days/hours. Its a minor update so ,as with the past, when they find time it probably isn't going to take that long. Maybe. I don't make mods so, yeah. Most probably work fine ish anyways.

6 minutes ago, radonek said:

After upgrading to 1.4.2 I get lots of  spammy "Control Parameter Complete" messages. Anyone seen this?

There is a "Contract Parameter Complete" Info message that was added to the debug log to help with identifying contract issues if people still have that "lotsa funds" bug that some people found. Could this be what you saw?

32 minutes ago, Sam Hall said:

The attachment node was off-center... that's probably all they fixed.  The real problem is that the thrust vector is also off-center.

Well, I would argue that the real real problem is that the Wolfhound Isp is game-breaking high, but that's another discussion.

Edited by RoboRay

Whats happened to fixing SP-Structural panel !! Every time i try to mirror they end up facing different ways. Considering its DLC that i paid for and it was pushed out on release date i would expect to work correctly.This is 2nd time i mentioned this and reported before it was even before the DLC released  but most likely still be ignored, seems like they take the money and run. 

Yo, @SQUAD. You guys are somethin' else. I thought you were on vacation for Easter. Turns out you were in your cave workin' the whole time. I knew an update was comin'. I just didn't know it was gonna be this quick and comprehensive. Much of what I've been seeing in the Mission Builder was covered here. I am ecstaticly happy. Keep at it guys. Much appreciated. :)

28 minutes ago, klesh said:

A bunch of the stuff I posted I checked real quick, they didnt make the patch.  I could at least 7. 

Haven't tried many other's observations yet.

Reveal hidden contents

Thats some good details nice, and I see the 5m part one in the tracker. Are the others in there out of interest?