Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 is live!

UomoCapra

2 hours ago, airbrushmatt said:

Whats happened to fixing SP-Structural panel !! Every time i try to mirror they end up facing different ways. Considering its DLC that i paid for and it was pushed out on release date i would expect to work correctly.This is 2nd time i mentioned this and reported before it was even before the DLC released  but most likely still be ignored, seems like they take the money and run. 

They just released a 1.4.2/MH 1.1 patch. In fact, this very thread is about that release. While by no means I’m drinking the Squatorade Juice, I do dare to make the bold claim that “take the money and run” and “releasing a patch” are at conflict with each other, and that only one of them is true. I’m not saying yours is false, but Squad did just release a patch.

5 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

The Wolfhound engine is now properly centered.

The Cheetah engine was off-center too...I don't see any mention of that being fixed. was it?

4 minutes ago, Tyko said:

The Cheetah engine was off-center too...I don't see any mention of that being fixed. was it?

No.  And only the visual model of the Wolfhound was fixed.  It's thrust is still off as well.

3 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

It would appear this somehow lead to this in 1.4.2 DLC.  The 5m fairing base is now over 5 meters in diameter, outsizing the 5m parts and resulting in gaps between the fairing panels:

5m%20Fairing%20broken_zps7x3r1bmf.png

This is a fresh clean install of v1.4.2 64-bit Windows KSP with the new DLC version 1.1.0 installed.  Grabbed a new tank and a new fairing base, so this wasn't part of any imported craft file or anything.

EDIT: Issue has been posted to the bugtracker with [1.4.2] text in the title to clarify.

thx!
I was about to test mods 1 by 1 to find the culprit 

45 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

They just released a 1.4.2/MH 1.1 patch. In fact, this very thread is about that release. While by no means I’m drinking the Squatorade Juice, I do dare to make the bold claim that “take the money and run” and “releasing a patch” are at conflict with each other, and that only one of them is true. I’m not saying yours is false, but Squad did just release a patch.

But by looking through these comments the so called patch not fixed much, but caused more bugs, im not here to make enemy's but im sure its not just me annoyed about parts that dont work. Im no expert in making games but squad is and i would have thought with there know how there would not be so many problems.

Yikes!

Guys, I know you want to fix all those bugs for us, but please, we'd rather have it "When it's done" than .. well .. "When it's not really done" :/

Though it does seem like that contract debugging code is doing its job quite well. I'm guessing it's not supposed to do most of those checks?

34 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Yikes!

Guys, I know you want to fix all those bugs for us, but please, we'd rather have it "When it's done" than .. well .. "When it's not really done" :/

Though it does seem like that contract debugging code is doing its job quite well. I'm guessing it's not supposed to do most of those checks?

That is the prevailing theory  at this time.

Im investigating the f12 menu for possible band-aid fixes.

[Edit] Yeah. thats not gonna happen. there goes that idea

Edited by Mark Kerbin

1 hour ago, airbrushmatt said:

But by looking through these comments the so called patch not fixed much, but caused more bugs, im not here to make enemy's but im sure its not just me annoyed about parts that dont work. Im no expert in making games but squad is and i would have thought with there know how there would not be so many problems.

The number of bugs is disappointing, and the number of bugs that, for the casual observer, should have been caught by QA is higher than I'd wish. You're absolutely right about that.

But “take the money and run” suggests that they're not doing anything about it, and that is simply not true. This patch, with a staggering amount of fixes within... is it one or two weeks since 1.4.1? Anyway, it shows that they're working hard to make things right. Consider the alternative, with Squad taking three months before issuing a patch. That would most certainly cause the perception that they don't want to fix it while we're sitting here with a bugged game. Software development is hard; it's not like you can wave a magic wand and yell "bugs. be gone!" to solve them.

But Kerbart, how about launching MH and 1.4 without any bugs? 

Without knowing anything about Squad's financial situation, I doubt that the cash-flow would be such that they could afford that. That would take... 3 extra months? Six? Remember that “going live” uncovers bugs a whole lot faster than internal testing. Squad likely needs cash now. Especially with lots of development time taken up by rewriting the console edition without seeing any revenue for it. Self-inflicted damage, true, but it still generates a need for alternative revenue. People might not like paying for DLC (given the number of I bought the game on xyz, why can't I get it for free posts) but it surely helps in sustaining ongoing development of the game.

3 hours ago, Foxster said:

I think this is a nice change. Thanks. 

I'm even more concerned now though that it's hard to tell the size of engine variants and whether they match a tank they are attached to. 

The drag cube will be based on the physical profile of that engine's mesh. so a Mastodon in a 2.5m profile behaves like a 2.5m profile engine, and it's narrow variant behaves like a similarly sized narrow engine.

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

Consider the alternative, with Squad taking three months before issuing a patch.

I would take this over 1 patch every month for 3 months, and only for the mods. 

5 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

It worked before the MH update so ill have to get beck to you on "if it's actually ok" BUT! Most mods have a thing called a VERSION file.

f31710050eb8547c4020215deda14487.png

This can be edited with notepad, and if you change a few 1s to 2s all should be well. Maybe. Not so sure anymore.

I was wrong. Don't attempt to do that. The wrath of the kraken will be upon you. However if you want to annoy the kraken......

5 hours ago, Not Sure said:

Ah thanks a ton, I wont touch anything. You're the best, man!

I just released an update for Editor Extensions for KSP 1.4.2.  

It's using some new code to get some data at runtime, so hopefully I won't have to update it for the rest of the 1.4.* series.

Sooo... The wolfhound may have been changed, but it definitely appears not to be fixed.

RCS Build Aid, and Kerbal Engineer both show torque in the VAB, experimental testing confirms that without SAS enabled the vessel will do flips in a vacuum.

https://imgur.com/a/EQ53t

Still, I appreciate that an effort was made to release a patch sooner rather than later. Hopefully that means that we might get another sooner rather than later?
Edited by webward
imgur fix

28 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just released an update for Editor Extensions for KSP 1.4.2.  

It's using some new code to get some data at runtime, so hopefully I won't have to update it for the rest of the 1.4.* series.

You da man!

@linuxgurugamer You may want to tell spacedock that it does 1.4.2. =) Spacedock still says 1.4.1. Unless of course spacedock doesn't know 1.4.2 exists yet. 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

@TriggerAu

Anyway to have contracts NOT tell you when a parameter is met?

Not that I can see no. I've started discussing it with some peeps. From what I can see for it to spam 100 messages there would have to be 100 params on a single contract, but I'm only aware of like 6 being the most or something like that.

Would be super helpful if you could (if you haven't already) log a bug report for that with the save and logs and we can get some people looking at it specifically

PS. If I dont respond its because Im about to go away for weekend and no internet, have mentioned this to some people too

So, how about joysticks  working on GNU/Linux?

And the overlapping part icons in the VAB, on OpenGL?

Don't see them in the changelog. :mad:

Still not buying that DLC until these bugs are fixed, and not until someone stops treating Linux & MacOS users like second class citizens.

At this rate, it's looking like I'll never buy it.

Edited by steve_v

36 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Not that I can see no. I've started discussing it with some peeps. From what I can see for it to spam 100 messages there would have to be 100 params on a single contract, but I'm only aware of like 6 being the most or something like that.

Would be super helpful if you could (if you haven't already) log a bug report for that with the save and logs and we can get some people looking at it specifically

PS. If I dont respond its because Im about to go away for weekend and no internet, have mentioned this to some people too

For now I hired a Kerbal to click all the messages :D  .. am I allowed to assume there might just be no quickfix for this?

Regardless it might just be safe to use 1.4.1 for now!

Edited by LatiMacciato

8 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

For now I hired a Kerbal to click all the messages :D  .. am I allowed to assume there might just be no quickfix for this?

Regardless it might just be safe to use 1.4.1 for now!

Are you unable to supply logs and saves and have you raised a bug report in the bug tracker?