Your First KSP Image (When did you take it)

My very first attempt to land on Mun did not go exactly as planed. After the spectacular explosion, I was was shocked to find that Valentina had survived - and my reaction wheel still functional. After rolling the command pod over so that she could get out, I decided to stand it up straight so she could have some shade.

28705455531_bf9d439b94_c.jpg

52 minutes ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

My very first attempt to land on Mun did not go exactly as planed.

But still better than most of ours, I'm sure.  I don't think I had a non-fatal landing until attempt 4 or 5...

9 hours ago, RoboRay said:

I loved those parts.  You could put a decent-sized 1.25m payload with radial attached parts in the cargo bay and it actually fit.

I would love to see somebody bring them back as "Mk.2+" or Mk.2 Heavy" or something.  I have zero modelling skill, unfortunately, and they would require new models because the Mk.2 form factor changed a little with the Porkjet revamp.

Airplane Plus adds some 2.5 meter parts, but maybe you knew that.

The oldest screenshot I have is numbered 14, dated Friday, ‎2 ‎January ‎2015.. I bought KSP 0.90 on December 22, 2014, the same day I joined this forum. (Yes, I had a great xmas/new year totally OD'ing on KSP!)

As I recall, I was attempting a Munar landing in career mode, long before I'd unlocked enough parts to make it actually feasible. So I had this weird quad-stack lander design, and I chose to continue the quad-stack design all the way down, but I hadn't unlocked struts yet, so each stack could move independently of the others.

Naturally, thanks to all those vectoring engines, a really horrible oscillation built up (the MJ Smart A.S.S. "kill rotation" was a desperate attempt to keep it under control), with each stack swinging around wherever it wanted. The swings got wilder and wilder, and by the time I'd gotten a couple of kilometres off the ground, it all went spectacularly wrong. I'm still quite proud of the way I managed to make the normally unflappable Jeb look extremely concerned.

screenshot14.png

Edited by JAFO

dwpp7MNl.png
Taken in 0.182, date was 15.1.2013, Has one 2 days earlier but its close in of an manover node 
I'm using some old docking autopilot, does not apear to work well as im almost out of monopropelant, the large tanks only held 200 back then?

Now is this an scenario made for the autopilot mod?
if so its very impresive. more than the autopilot itself. 

7 hours ago, magnemoe said:

dwpp7MNl.png
Taken in 0.182, date was 15.1.2013, Has one 2 days earlier but its close in of an manover node 
I'm using some old docking autopilot, does not apear to work well as im almost out of monopropelant, the large tanks only held 200 back then?

Now is this an scenario made for the autopilot mod?
if so its very impresive. more than the autopilot itself. 

14 hours ago, TheFlyingKerman said:

Screenshot0

screenshot0.png

My first career save and first surface rendezvous with a rover. I landed 17km from the rover's position and this thing looked like my ship from a distance.

Nice Images, Thanks! Keep It Up!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.