PartVariant Color Tinting

Electrocutor

On 3/30/2018 at 4:44 PM, Electrocutor said:

I've updated the KSP Colors script to compensate for existing model-changing variants. The current implementation uses the first variant as a base and then applies tint to it. I had originally made a copy of every variant for tinting, but that became rather unruly very quickly.

Wonderful! Might be much to ask - but would you throw this up on CKAN? :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Dash8466 These (the three hidden content in the OP) are module manager patches that should add variants to - it looks like all parts. To use create a text file in your GameData folder and copy one of the three (NCS/CMYK/KSP Colors) into it. Then change the extension to .cfg

Hello there
This PartVariant Color Tinting is one of my favorites. The operation at 1.7.0 is very good, but after upgrading to 1.7.1, there is interference with Mk2 Expansion v1.8.4.1. (It is also one of my favorites.)
When operating at the same time, it will interfere with the component contacts in Mk2 Expansion v1.8.4.1, and the parts will be normal after removing the PartVariant Color Tinting.
While these two work together in 1.7.0 are normal.

RrHaUlK.jpg?1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 5:12 AM, max7453 said:

Hello there
This PartVariant Color Tinting is one of my favorites. The operation at 1.7.0 is very good, but after upgrading to 1.7.1, there is interference with Mk2 Expansion v1.8.4.1. (It is also one of my favorites.)
When operating at the same time, it will interfere with the component contacts in Mk2 Expansion v1.8.4.1, and the parts will be normal after removing the PartVariant Color Tinting.
While these two work together in 1.7.0 are normal.

RrHaUlK.jpg?1

There is a bug with ModulePartVariants that can delete attachment nodes. I made a bug report for that back when ModulePartVariants was first added to the game.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.