• 3
klesh

1.4.2 Landing Legs = Craft Wiggle

Question

Upon further investigation:  All landing legs are causing this wiggle for me in 1.4.2

 

I believe the fix for the LT-1 landing legs is causing a problem.  Its very easy to reproduce.

 

1. Create even the most basic vehicle and include these any legs.  Probe core, fuel tank, 4 legs.  Can be either the SPH or VAB.

2. Launch the craft.

3. Observe it wiggle without any input from the player.

 

The craft will load in, physics will ease in.  2-3 seconds later the legs will jump up, you will see your craft raise up a little, and then the neverending wiggle begins.

You can make the craft so it can hop off the runway or launchpad and land on the grass 100m away.  It will still wiggle.

 

Here is a quick video showing the wiggle on all 3 leg types:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by klesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Everytime. LT-2 . the same ones i have used over and over again without fail...... now KRAKEN everytime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
22 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

If people are able to raise bug reports (or even better add to existing bug reports) with craft files and save files that goes a long way to help us resolve the issue.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/18286
https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/18289

abcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

I appreciate that you guys are looking into this. I would like to point out that landing gear has not worked properly in almost 2 years now. 2 issues I opened years ago that were "confirmed" but never resolved...

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9557

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9557

 

Until Squad fixes it, a great "band aid" is World Stabilizer.
 

 

Edited by g00bd0g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, g00bd0g said:

I appreciate that you guys are looking into this. I would like to point out that landing gear has not worked properly in almost 2 years now. 2 issues I opened years ago that were "confirmed" but never resolved...

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9557

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9557

 

Until Squad fixes it, a great "band aid" is World Stabilizer.
 

 

That is not the same bug discussed in this thread. And that one should be fixed in 1.4.2. Well relatively - your bug is quite complex due to a number of factors including: the terrain in KSP is procedural and changes depending on the users terrain setting and every craft is user constructed from many parts in many different configurations. (Perhaps I’ll do a dev blog to explain it when I have some free time).

But without going into it more now and derailing this thread which is about legs jittering and wiggling. Which is not the same issue.

edit: I’d be surprised if that mod doesn’t cause issues in 1.4.2 tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

That is not the same bug discussed in this thread. And that one should be fixed in 1.4.2. Well relatively - your bug is quite complex due to a number of factors including: the terrain in KSP is procedural and changes depending on the users terrain setting and every craft is user constructed from many parts in many different configurations. (Perhaps I’ll do a dev blog to explain it when I have some free time).

But without going into it more now and derailing this thread which is about legs jittering and wiggling. Which is not the same issue.

edit: I’d be surprised if that mod doesn’t cause issues in 1.4.2 tbh

Again, I do appreciate your ongoing efforts. I'm only pointing out that the landing gear and other terrain interactions have NOT worked correctly in 2 years. It got broken during the big Unity upgrade and has never been "solid" since.

Edited by g00bd0g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

And that one should be fixed in 1.4.2.

Wait, #9557 is fixed in 1.4.2? You mean stuff (by which I mean not landing gear) doesn't slide around all the time? Ground friction actually works properly? Finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Adding **link removed by moderator** while we wait for SQUAD to make an official patch.

Edited by Kerbal101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I was just wondering is there a result for this yet?

At the moment I am unable to sue landing legs - unless I use the cheat menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I haven't tried the latest version yet as I already have a modded game in progress.

But I will bet a pound to a pinch of monkey snot that it's the same problem I reported aaaaages ago.

To see it clearly get a pod. pot an orange tank under the pod put 4 more orange tanks in symmetry around the orange tank.

Put legs on the 4 orange tanks. launch it. Start and stop time warp.

I mentioned that I think it's down to symmetry and Autostrut.

If doing the above no longer causes a reaction then I for one will be very pleased.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Daveroski said:

ITo see it clearly get a pod. pot an orange tank under the pod put 4 more orange tanks in symmetry around the orange tank.

Put legs on the 4 orange tanks. launch it. Start and stop time warp.

I mentioned that I think it's down to symmetry and Autostrut.

If doing the above no longer causes a reaction then I for one will be very pleased.

 

Currently this test is impossible to perform:

 

 

Edited by klesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Perhaps if you turned on the unbreakable switch in the cheat menu?

I know that that would be a no-no for playing the game but just for the test?

btw. got to admit... the explosion was cool. Took out the water tower too ... excellent... but not really of course.. not supposed to happen. but still.. BOOM! hehehe.

Edited by Daveroski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.