New Messages update 1.4.2

16 hours ago, Mun Moo said:

Hello.
Since developers like specifics when fixing bugs (at least I do), I will try to be more specific as to the nature of the bug:
The bug only occurs in contracts that have multiple conditions required to fulfill the contract that are NOT independent.
For example, a Tourism contract or a Take <science measurement X> at <place Y> <altitude Z> will NOT spam you but a "test part X" contract will.
Thanks.

It's more that those contracts are too specific to cause the conditions to trigger.  Tourism contracts require that John Doe Kerman is in orbit of Eeloo or whatever, so they won't trigger unless that exact condition is met.  Likewise, I suspect that if you just happen to pass over <place Y> at <altitude Z>, or put a craft into the specific orbit of a sat contract, you will get the message spam.  It's just most noticeable when you've got contracts with very wide criteria, like the "Maintain stability for 10 seconds," or "Achieve orbit with a craft that has an antenna, a docking port and can generate power."

Honestly, the spam would just go away if Squad reverted the alerts back to the older "only if all conditions are met" completion. This feels like either a debug feature that got left active in production, or a "feature" that didn't get tested at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.