[STOCK] 1:1 F-117A Nighthawk

F-117A Nighthawk

I've decided to give this rectangular, highly draggy brick a try. Making the Nighthawk really is a problem of making a really unflyable shape flyable. After a ton of fine-tuning I've managed to make it quite manageable and neutrally stable without SAS. It definitely isn't as easy to fly as some of my fighters (Well, it shouldn't be really) and requires some practice to get used to it's input response delay and odd yaw behavior, but it is by no means frustratingly sluggish. It can pull 4-5G turns at 140-150m/s. At low altitude it tops out at approx. 160m/s and can hit 270-280m/s high up. It also features a functional internal bomb bay opened with AG2. It houses a payload of two GBU-10 bombs dropped through staging. Overall I'm pretty happy with the result as this has been a very experimental build for me. I hope you will enjoy flying it.

c4T3Lg0.jpg

Uc0NOTb.png

UhxfEQ9.png

WDFpXIz.png

66xI0cU.jpg

WyqNViO.png

1P76Cg0.jpg

CRAFT LINK:

v1.0 - Initial release

v1.1 - Intake grids moved to the front to appear more realistic, wing structure modified to appear smoother, strutting improved.

https://kerbalx.com/EvenFlow/F-117A-Nighthawk

Edited by EvenFlow

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.