The Expanse Rocinante Replica (Stock)

MCRN Corvette Class Frigate

The Expanse is my favourite TV and Book series of all time. It's third season is releasing in just under 2 weeks, so I thought I'd celebrate with a replica of its hero ship and my favourite spacecraft, the Rocinante, a Martian Corvette Class Frigate, legitemately salvaged and used by the survivors of the Canterbury.

zteVFj2.png9LDzVHd.png

My replica is just under 1:2 in scale, and uses entirely stock parts, though taking advantage of the paint function of DoctorDavinci's wonderful DCK mod. As the insanely efficient Epstein Drive puts out a whopping 5m/s Delta-V, you'll have to use infinite fuel if you want to go anywhere with it, though there is a method of creating a functioning Epstein Drive with some part editing, so I might make of version of this which uses that in the future. Unfortunately, state of the art Martian tech is fairly intricate, and as such it consists of 1111 parts.

JWIutgJ.png

it is capable of sustained 8g flight, though this can lead to strokes and isn't reccomended, unless you're chasing a runaway asteroid or something.

It was built in 1.3.1, but works in 1.4+. Action Group 1 toggles the Epstein Drive.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij18t8scjoinxeg/MCRN Rocinante.craft?dl=0

Now to build a Donnager...

Edited by MiffedStarfish

On 31/03/2018 at 4:12 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

MCRN Corvette Class Frigate

The Expanse is my favourite TV and Book series of all time. It's third season is releasing in just under 2 weeks, so I thought I'd celebrate with a replica of its hero ship and my favourite spacecraft, the Rocinante, a Martian Corvette Class Frigate, legitemately salvaged and used by the survivors of the Canterbury.

My replica is just under 1:2 in scale, and uses entirely stock parts, though taking advantage of the paint function of DoctorDavinci's wonderful DCK mod. As the insanely efficient Epstein Drive puts out a whopping 5m/s Delta-V, you'll have to use infinite fuel if you want to go anywhere with it, though there is a method of creating a functioning Epstein Drive with some part editing, so I might make of version of this which uses that in the future. Unfortunately, state of the art Martian tech is fairly intricate, and as such it consists of 1111 parts.

it is capable of sustained 8g flight, though this can lead to strokes and isn't reccomended, unless you're chasing a runaway asteroid or something.

It was built in 1.3.1, but I don't think uses any old parts, and should work in 1.4+. Action Group 1 toggles the Epstein Drive.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij18t8scjoinxeg/MCRN Rocinante.craft?dl=0

Now to build a Donnager...

Awesome, I'm a big fan of this franchise

Edited by selfish_meme

Absolutely gorgeous!

15 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Can hardly believe it's stock.

15 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Action Group 1 toggles the Epstein Drive.

I am sorely missing some stock parts if I can't find the Epstein drive....

Upload it to https://kerbalx.com/ it's too good not to share. That's a hell of a part count! I'm going to take a crack at this thing with the new Making history Parts. Might be able to get a lower part count. I'm gonna overload it with ion drives too. Yeah, that's sounds good.

Edited by jutty

15 hours ago, jutty said:

Upload it to https://kerbalx.com/ it's too good not to share. That's a hell of a part count! I'm going to take a crack at this thing with the new Making history Parts. Might be able to get a lower part count. I'm gonna overload it with ion drives too. Yeah, that's sounds good.

Thanks! A lot of the parts are there because DCK allows only one colour per part, so the Berantas Gas colour scheme would be much less part intensive. I might make a version of it in that.

On 3/31/2018 at 5:14 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

Sssh! Don’t tell anyone it’s just a few vectors! :D

*facepalm*   Vectors... as in the engine, not a graphics thing..........    sigh......   Only took me a week. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.