"Extra Funds" Bug When Recovering Vessel (Linux)

I just installed KSP "Making History" on Ubuntu 16.04 (No mods). I started a new career game (normal difficulty); started off with 25,000 funds. I then built the basic starter craft: Mark I Command Pod + RT-5 "Flea" SRB + Mk16 Parachute (1,222 funds). After launching the vessel, I had 23,778 funds (which is correct). Jeb launched the craft up to ~14 km and then safely landed. I recovered the vessel for 1,138 funds (which is expected). However, after the flight, instead of having 23,862 funds I had 85,716 funds which is not correct. This is a brand new install, brand new game, no mods, and somehow "extra funds" are getting added every time I recover a vessel.

If I launch a vessel and immediately recover it no "extra" funds" get added. Also, every launch a different amount of "extra funds" are added. So the amount is not consistent; only that "extra funds" are added.

I also tried a game with 300% "fund awards" multiplier. The "extra funds" bug was still present and also seemed to be multiplied by 300%. After recovering the vessel (first flight) ~220,000 "extra funds" were added.

I also started a few new games and the "extra funds" bug was present in all cases (demonstrating it happens in all cases and not random)

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.